Hacking Sacrifice 5.3.2 for Star Fox Guard?

naddel81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @ all,

I managed to stay offline with my Wii U for almost two years now, but I guess IOSU will never happen.

Now I feel the need to update because of Star Fox Guard (Download Code ONLY) :(

Do you recommend waiting another few months because soon (TM) something will happen?

Or should I just update and if IOSU goes public in the future it will certainly be compatible with the latest FW?

any help is highly appreciated.

best wishes!

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
It's better the 5.5.1 version much better than 5.3.2 so it's not a sacrifice, it's a invitation and a reason to update at 5.5.1 do not doubt

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
thanks for your reply. but what is it that is "better" to be precise?
Just to keep you in the loop, the majority of the devs confirm that IOSU (if it ever gets released) will be compatible with 5.5.1 .. In fact, they encourage updating to that FW now before a new update gets released since there arent any 5.5.1 disc based games. Meaning, it would probably not be possible to manually update to 5.5.1 later.

You will also get the benefit of being able to be on the latest firmware, which means you can access eshop and play online if you want (You need to be sure to reactivate tubehax afterwards though). The other benefit is that the 5.5.1 exploit is more stable than 5.3.2

Hope that helps

Last edited by Madridi,
Reactions: peteruk

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to keep you in the loop, the majority of the devs confirm that IOSU (if it ever gets released) will be compatible with 5.5.1 .. In fact, they encourage updating to that FW now before a new update gets released since there arent any 5.5.1 disc based games. Meaning, it would probably not be possible to manually update to 5.5.1 later.

You will also get the benefit of being able to be on the latest firmware, which means you can access eshop and play online if you want (You need to be sure to reactivate tubehax afterwards though). The other benefit is that the 5.5.1 exploit is more stable than 5.3.2

Hope that helps

It has been confirmed that Paper Mario Color Splash in fact has 5.5.1 in the Australian market. It is likely this is true for other regions, but unknown without other reports.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-1027#post-6733284

Reactions: Madridi and DaMan

Imparasite

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
just update to the latest firmware its better than staying on old firmware also paper mario color will not work if you have older firmwares.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Reactions: peteruk

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice! That's great for Australia. I hope I can we can get confirmation on other regions as well
You donet need more confirmation, just turn on internet on your Wii U and update to the last version 5.5.1 instead of maybe after 4 months that could be the 5.6.0 uncompatible with exploits

Xenoblade Chronicles X released at 4 december 2015 in europe has disc update 5.5.0 so I guess all games released after of this game, will be have 5.5.0 or upper like Starfox Zero, Pokken, Mario & Sonic Olimpic Games, Zelda Twilight Princess HD and maybe the new Nintendo Select Games released on 2016 like Fast Racing Neo, SteamWorld Collection and maybe Super Mario 3D World NIntendo Select they should had a Disc Update 5.5.1 or 5.5.0, anyway that is not important, the important that it's nowadays , right now you can update to 5.5.1 without need those games. but in future maybe you wont because the last update would be other that upper than 5.5.1 and pray for that would be compatible with IOSU or Exploits

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
You donet need more confirmation, just turn on internet on your Wii U and update to the last version 5.5.1 instead of maybe after 4 months that could be the 5.6.0 uncompatible with exploits

Xenoblade Chronicles X released at 4 december 2015 in europe has disc update 5.5.0 so I guess all games released after of this game, will be have 5.5.0 or upper like Starfox Zero, Pokken, Mario & Sonic Olimpic Games, Zelda Twilight Princess HD and maybe the new Nintendo Select Games released on 2016 like Fast Racing Neo, SteamWorld Collection and maybe Super Mario 3D World NIntendo Select they should had a Disc Update 5.5.1 or 5.5.0, anyway that is not important, the important that it's nowadays , right now you can update to 5.5.1 without need those games. but in future maybe you wont because the last update would be other that upper than 5.5.1 and pray for that would be compatible with IOSU or Exploits
While I appreciate the info, the majority of the info was off the point.
Assume someone buys a Wii u after a new system update is released. Would you say that it's not important to know the disc based games then? Discs also have revisions. If there is a game with 5.5.1 now, who's to say someone won't buy it now just so that they can use it for any updates later on, to avoid getting a higher revision of the disc with a higher firmware.

Lots of cases could be presented. Yes, people should upgrade right now, and the info about the current system updates on the discs are appreciated, but everything else you said was off the point

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
While I appreciate the info, the majority of the info was off the point.
Assume someone buys a Wii u after a new system update is released. Would you say that it's not important to know the disc based games then? Discs also have revisions. If there is a game with 5.5.1 now, who's to say someone won't buy it now just so that they can use it for any updates later on, to avoid getting a higher revision of the disc with a higher firmware.

Lots of cases could be presented. Yes, people should upgrade right now, and the info about the current system updates on the discs are appreciated, but everything else you said was off the point

You can look for the serial number of the game on the back cover of the game that it says the date it was released that copy of game .
Anyway the disc that you buy in a shop always are copies of the game, legal copies of course. And the original copy usually it's not update, maybe on the Nintendo Select or if they have several glitches and bugs, maybe they can alter the copies with updated inside like usually happen in PC Computer Games to correct the glitch and bugs instead download new path for the new users. But on Wii that usually not happen. So be sure you wont find an update at the moment a Disc With Upper 5.5.1 Firmware maybe the new Zelda Breath of Wild could have some 5.6.0 because from now till march Nintendo could release some new Update and the Disc Zelda could have it , anyway that is a posibility.

and on another hand, you decide if you want to update or no. I mean when you play a Disc Game with Update , they Console ask permission to update it's not like on internet that the Console download update by itself without warn you.

Last edited by trunske,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
You can look for the serial number of the game on the back cover of the game that it says the date it was released that copy of game .
Anyway the disc that you buy in a shop always are copies of the game, legal copies of course. And the original copy usually it's not update, maybe on the Nintendo Select or if they have several glitches and bugs, maybe they can alter the copies with updated inside like usually happen in PC Computer Games to correct the glitch and bugs instead download new path for the new users. But on Wii that usually not happen. So be sure you wont find an update at the moment a Disc With Upper 5.5.1 Firmware maybe the new Zelda Breath of Wild could have some 5.6.0 because from now till march Nintendo could release some new Update and the Disc Zelda could have it , anyway that is a posibility.

and on another hand, you decide if you want to update or no. I mean when you play a Disc Game with Update , they Console ask permission to update it's not like on internet that the Console download update by itself without warn you.
That is waaaaay too general and misleading. Off the top of my head, Yoshi's wooly world had 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 within 2 weeks of release, and yes we know you can check the serial but it's not as simple as you present it for 2 reasons:
1- You will most likely find the latest revision in the market, not the one before.
2- checking serials are not even an option for offline shoppers

Either way, we can establish that the claim that we "don't need more confirmation" is coming out of nowhere. If you don't need any, then good for you, but I already presented a few cases where you would need that. At some point people with a lower firmware will ask "How can I update to 5.5.1" and the disc referral might be their only option

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Starfox guard (and Zero) is shit.

I stuck with 5.3.2 to play it spoofed to 5.5.1 thanks to loadiine.

Such a disappointment of a game with such great lineage.

I should point out I bought the 2 disc steel book edition before I had it on loadiine.

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: oldsk00l

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM