Gaming SA1 SNES VC games possible for New 3DS?

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think, we'll ever see Super Mario RPG, Kirby Super Star, and Kirby's Dream Land 3 on the New 3DS Virtual Console? Mega Man X1-3 are on there and use enchantment chips, but they're not the same ones that SMRPG, KSS, and KDL3 use. I think MMX1-3 use the CX4 chips. But if it can ran those 3 games, maybe the other 3 games that use the SA1 could run as well, right?

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, Nintendo's not going to invest in the development for 3 games that won't sell as well as a native game this close the the NX launch.

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, Nintendo's not going to invest in the development for 3 games that won't sell as well as a native game this close the the NX launch.
So you think it's too late to release those since the NX is around the corner? I thought we were done with SNES games until Europe got Breath of Fire I&II, a few weeks ago.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt we'll see Kirby Super Star, because the 3DS can play Kirby Super Star Ultra for DS, but I'm not going to write off the other two just yet. Besides, don't people have VC injects of these games that work just fine? Or am I mistaken?

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt we'll see Kirby Super Star, because the 3DS can play Kirby Super Star Ultra for DS, but I'm not going to write off the other two just yet. Besides, don't people have VC injects of these games that work just fine? Or am I mistaken?
Not with SA1 enhancement chips. The SA1 is basically a second SNES running at three times the speed in the cartridge. It seems like it should be doable given that the DS2 runs out at half speed, but Nintendo focuses on scuzzy, not speed, so the official stance is that it's impossible. Consequently, they never programmed it into the VC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM