Ryujinx no longer supported on Windows versions prior to Windows 10

photo_2022-04-26_21-48-12.jpg

Popular Nintendo Switch emulator Ryujinx will no longer be supported on versions of Windows older than Windows 10. On their official Twitter page, the development team made the announcement, citing the reason as the age of the operating systems, noting that graphics driver updates have ended and that workarounds have already been necessary to keep the emulator running on Windows 7 up to this point. They also recommend that users who are not comfortable upgrading to Windows 10 simply install Linux.

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It can be simple. If they want to stay on the older Windows, they can easily just install Linux on another drive and use that for Ryujinx. Or emulation in general for that matter. Can be a decent boost for more weaker hardware too considering how much of a resource hog Windows has become over the years.
the funny thing is windows isnt a resource hog, its the programs people write for it lol 9 times out of ten it sits there using very minimal resources and is much better at handling ram

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still using Windows 7 on my HP desktop computer.

Last month in March, I bought new MSI gaming laptop with RTX 3060 that come with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit 20H1 version (disabled auto updates).

I think soon for me to switch to Linux next year.

I heard about Windows 12 and worst operating system made by Microsoft. Windows 12 have more new heavy spywares and more backdoor to monitor people what they are doing. That's gross! Bye bye Microsoft, you lost customers. I will done with Microsoft. ;)
there is no windows 12 and the newwer versions of windows 10 eg 22h1 run like a dream and no windows doesnt have any more spywares or backdoors lol serious stop listening to fud, this place collects more data about you via ads than you realise

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
the funny thing is windows isnt a resource hog, its the programs people write for it lol 9 times out of ten it sits there using very minimal resources and is much better at handling ram

Better at handling RAM? Dude, try having a fresh install of 10 or 11. I had 12GB of RAM and it was taking nearly 45% of it. Fresh with nothing on it. And Windows says nothing about what's taking it. Most pre-built PCs or Laptops have at least 8GB nowadays which makes it even worse.

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Better at handling RAM? Dude, try having a fresh install of 10 or 11. I had 12GB of RAM and it was taking nearly 45% of it. Fresh with nothing on it. And Windows says nothing about what's taking it. Most pre-built PCs or Laptops have at least 8GB nowadays which makes it even worse.
ram is meant to be used, its crap if its unused and idle its not like the windows 9x days where u needed free ram. windows nowadays manages ram so well its not funny it shifts things around, stores alot of stuff in ram to make windows faster, trust me, if your rams being used its a good thing, unlike chrome, now thats a memory hog

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Bought a gaming laptop last year (it came with no OS), bought a windows license and installed 10, a month later got the update for windows 11 and never had any issues (a few minor bugs on 11, but I was using the tester builds at the time).

My laptop never uses over 3gb of ram unless I'm running a lot of stuff, or using Firefox, I love the browser, but damn it eats a lot of ram (even on android, with 12gb of ram, firefox manages to use at least 4gb).

Reactions: Kioku

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no windows 12 and the newwer versions of windows 10 eg 22h1 run like a dream and no windows doesnt have any more spywares or backdoors lol serious stop listening to fud, this place collects more data about you via ads than you realise
Commercial Windows 10/11 OSes have a lot of unneeded junk that the users never asked for. That is, the Windows Store (and the pre-installed apps with it), Edge, Cortana, Updates lots of it and sometimes it takes as long as installing a fresh copy, etc.

I'll be using 10 LTSC (2019, Build 1809) until 2029. Tired of Microsoft's bs.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those still somehow on windows 8.1 or older, you would probably feel comfortable on Linux mint. However, a customized version of Windows 10 called 'Tiny 10' can supposedly run on only 1 GB of ram, also Windows 11 Lite can reportedly run on a miniscule 256 mb of ram... I am not sure I believe that one myself.
The main problem with modern versions of windows isn't the ram reqs, not even the bloats (which we can remove, not sure about 11 performance), it's the aggressive spying and data leaking to microsoft.

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Commercial Windows 10/11 OSes have a lot of unneeded junk that the users never asked for. That is, the Windows Store (and the pre-installed apps with it), Edge, Cortana, Updates lots of it and sometimes it takes as long as installing a fresh copy, etc.

I'll be using 10 LTSC (2019, Build 1809) until 2029. Tired of Microsoft's bs.
The main problem with modern versions of windows isn't the ram reqs, not even the bloats (which we can remove, not sure about 11 performance), it's the aggressive spying and data leaking to microsoft.
dude your on a site riddled with adds probibily using chrome which is tracking your data, u use a mobile phone that tracks u where u go lol put the tinfoil back on and let it go they really dont get that much telemetry from you

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cutting off a huge portion of the fanbase who cannot or don't want to upgrade, sad but understandable.

it's sad it has to end like this, but at least 90% (rough estimate) still works on my windows 7 32 bit install that i've used since 2021 (only moved off of my vista installation because it was slowing down, rip 14 year old vista installation)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cutting off a huge portion of the fanbase who cannot or don't want to upgrade, sad but understandable.

it's sad it has to end like this, but at least 90% (rough estimate) still works on my windows 7 32 bit install that i've used since 2021 (only moved off of my vista installation because it was slowing down, rip 14 year old vista installation)
More like they don't want, not can't.

Windows 10 runs smoothly on machines with 7, and even the work in progress known as Windows 11 can run on 7/10 machines, too.

The TPM nonsense can be bypassed quite easily. I'm not going to change to 11 in the near future, anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there