Ryujinx no longer supported on Windows versions prior to Windows 10

photo_2022-04-26_21-48-12.jpg

Popular Nintendo Switch emulator Ryujinx will no longer be supported on versions of Windows older than Windows 10. On their official Twitter page, the development team made the announcement, citing the reason as the age of the operating systems, noting that graphics driver updates have ended and that workarounds have already been necessary to keep the emulator running on Windows 7 up to this point. They also recommend that users who are not comfortable upgrading to Windows 10 simply install Linux.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Popular Nintendo Switch emulator Ryujinx will no longer be supported on versions of Windows older than Windows 10.
Replace Windows 10 with Windows 11, and that's pretty much why I switched. I'm kind of annoyed at my self for waiting all this time. lol

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Im stuck on Win7 as the software and hardware dont work on Win10.
What my PC does i cant do on Win10. Tried and had to do lots of mods and it just kept failing.
Win7 works flawlessly, easily no problems.

There are actual hardware devices out there running Windows 95/98/7 that works perfectly and will never be upgraded. ATMs for 1 perfect example. A lot of ATMs still running today still use Win95.
Win7 is the best Windows OS there is.

Just about everything worked. Except for those dedicated machines like ATMs where they cant be upgraded easily, they need a whole machine replacement and even then the new ones arent as good as the old ones.

I dont think ive seen a crashed Win95 ATM but ive seen Win98 ones and Win7 ones always crashed.

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow this many people still on Win7, eh? And I thought I held out quite a while. :lol:
more people than 8 and 10. way more. and no, im using windows 10 for years, and i can run any program windows 7 run (i have one win 7 installed in other internal hdd in dual with with linux mint). that said, i like to test from time to time how programs run on 7 compared to 10 and (at least from the emulators standpoint,) cant see any difference that justifies stay in 7, to me honest. ps: my 10 is debloated

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Proton more than simplified a lot these. Virtualbox/QEMU/KVM/etc. and all that are a non-issue for most users. Lutris is also simple enough, as long as the install scripts are current. The hardest part is learning to understand how the installs work so that making relevant changes don't bork it.

Granted, to someone new to Linux, it can be overwhelming. I think the most challenging part is finding a friendly community that will help with your troubleshooting.
If they went with Ubuntu, it's installer is extremely straightforward. It's easy to just go with the defaults.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I really don’t understand why people cling to outdated versions of Windows and expect software to respect that. Eventually the majority of software is going to drop support as well. Admittedly I have no idea how well any Windows past Vista holds up because I left Windows back in 2006 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use both. And that's their choice because they are the developers. I applaud for their decision. That's up to them. Anyway, I will be fine with both for the different reasons. Two are better than one anyway.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I still using Windows 7 on my HP desktop computer.

Last month in March, I bought new MSI gaming laptop with RTX 3060 that come with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit 20H1 version (disabled auto updates).

I think soon for me to switch to Linux next year.

I heard about Windows 12 and worst operating system made by Microsoft. Windows 12 have more new heavy spywares and more backdoor to monitor people what they are doing. That's gross! Bye bye Microsoft, you lost customers. I will done with Microsoft. ;)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Win 10 destoryed a 6700k and 1070gtx because win10 had no idea how to find drivers right and asigned it a gt710 driver to it fried the card pretty fast that was annoying.
Erm...could be. I wasn't talking about that, though. The laptops I was talking about had a boring old integrated video card (intel, most likely).

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Windows 12?
Yes, Windows 12 is first cloud based of operating system required all people to log in Microsoft accounts through internet. More strict rules than all older operating systems. There is no local account offline. I not sure if Ryujinx maybe support or not support Windows 12. More news will come out in near future.

Windows 10, 10 Professional and 11 Home are not required log in account and have local accounts are offline means no internet required.

Windows 11 Professional effect in summer 2022 will required people to login in their Microsoft accounts through internet. Windows 11 Professional release in October 2021 do have local account offline but update will change rule due in middle summer 2022.

I hate Microsoft change too much in between Windows 11 and Windows 12. I had Microsoft account but Microsoft did destroy all my files on OneDrive for not active over 1 or 2 years then I done with Microsoft. I have to quit Microsoft for good in few years. I have to go to use Linux forever and never look back to Microsoft anymore. :(

Last edited by console,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended