"Ryo and Master" trailer for Shenmue III shown at MAGIC 2019

Screenshot 2019-03-09 at 17.35.23.png

A new trailer for Shenmue III has been shown off by Yu Suzuki at the MAGIC 2019 conference.

The trailer showcases gameplay footage from the game, focusing on interactions with NPCs and the new combat system. While the footage is clearly from a work-in-progress build, we finally get to see the gameplay in action, which evokes the familiar charm of the previous Shenmue games including eccentric side characters and unique locations.

Shenmue III is scheduled to be released on 27 August 2019 on both PlayStation 4 and PC.

:arrow: YouTube link

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-09 at 17.35.23.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-09 at 17.35.23.png
    381.9 KB · Views: 69

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mayb better to delay it until 2021 enough time for Sega to hav it as a launch title on dreamcast 2

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this game is not another open world game. I am really having a fatigue over open world designs. FF XV is the ultimate banality of open world games - spending too much time on mindless fetch quests with a lackluster main story. I prefer something semi open world like mass effect or deus ex HR/MD

I would play Shenmue 1/2 to get an idea of what you're getting into, or hell, just skip those and go for the better game series in Yakuza. Yeah, it's open world, but not fetch quest open world outside of some substories that are actually fun and can be distractions that, to resurrect a meme from the dead, can be quite the subversion of your expectations!

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this game is not another open world game. I am really having a fatigue over open world designs. FF XV is the ultimate banality of open world games - spending too much time on mindless fetch quests with a lackluster main story. I prefer something semi open world like mass effect or deus ex HR/MD

I feel your pain. Open world are destroying games which were ok as they were but then the devs change the game mechanics. Just look at Metal gear Solid 5 what a mess. It got positive reviews but I hated the open world & approach how you like gameplay. I miss the linear level paths. I hope Yu Suzuki does not do this.

Reactions: eriol33

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would play Shenmue 1/2 to get an idea of what you're getting into, or hell, just skip those and go for the better game series in Yakuza. Yeah, it's open world, but not fetch quest open world outside of some substories that are actually fun and can be distractions that, to resurrect a meme from the dead, can be quite the subversion of your expectations!
If you want a better idea of what shenmue is, you can watch the video, is easier to do than playing it. :ninja:

Although this person approves of this game, it's his opinion. The game is just boring to me. :blink:

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a better idea of what shenmue is, you can watch the video, is easier to do than playing it. :ninja:

Although this person approves of this game, it's his opinion. The game is just boring to me. :blink:

It doesn't look boring to me at all. Back in the day I drooled over it, but when the cliffhanger happened, I gave it a pass. Never got the Dreamcast, and for me this was the game I really thought about getting it for.

I didn't know they released a HD version last year. If they DO bring out 3, I am certainly grabbing the remaster and 3. Games that give such a level of immersion are quite rare, and the ones I have always enjoyed the most.

D

Deleted User

As huge of a Shenmue fan I am, this still isn't satisfying me or calming my worries. Infact this really only makes me more concerned. They were hyping this trailer up all month as the big gameplay reveal and it really wasn't. I hardly consider literally 2 seconds of fighting a "gameplay blowout". While the footage is definitely in-engine and I guess a good chunk of Shenmue is talking to people, this wasn't enough. I want to see Ryo walking around and exploring, going inside shops and houses, what minigames we have, etc.

The fact we haven't seen something as basic as that is my big problem. The game is 5 months away, and they still refuse to show anything of real substance and the rare times they do show the game, it still has the same problems its had since the initial reveal(choppy animations, strange character models, etc.). 5 months really isn't enough time to make substantial changes and this trailer is probably representative of the final game.

Anyway, the lack of gameplay and overall info makes me think they're trying to hide something, like the game is in way worse condition than we know. No other game has waited this long to give us info, we should have been seeing gameplay a year ago and the fact that we still really haven't is pretty inexcusable.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't look boring to me at all. Back in the day I drooled over it, but when the cliffhanger happened, I gave it a pass. Never got the Dreamcast, and for me this was the game I really thought about getting it for.

I didn't know they released a HD version last year. If they DO bring out 3, I am certainly grabbing the remaster and 3. Games that give such a level of immersion are quite rare, and the ones I have always enjoyed the most.
Glad you like it, hats off to you. I'm aware people adore this game cause why else would people donate to the kickstarter of it. But it's more of a spectacle to me. When ever i think about this game, the only fun i remember was going to the arcade and playing the sega arcade games, and that's about it. :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol