Ryan Reynolds To Play Pikachu In The Live-Action 'Detective Pikachu' Movie

deadpook pikachu.JPG

If you thought video game adaptations couldn't get any more over the top, here's one for you: Deadpool's Ryan Reynolds has signed to play as Detective Pikachu in the titular movie.

Reynolds will play alongside Justice Smith who will be the movie's protagonist and will team up with Pikachu in order to find his kidnapped father.

The news broke in an article on The Hollywood Reporter. The report says that his role “is said to be motion capture in nature” à la Andy Serkis in Gollum's shoes (if Gollum ever wore any).

The shooting for 'Detective Pikachu' is due to start mid-January in London.

:arrow: SOURCE

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think "wow" is the best word for this. Wow that they got Reynolds on board, it means they won't be messing around. At least I hope. I'm unfamiliar with Detective Pikachu, but even before this news, I was interested in watching the movie. Now that interest has heightened.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other possible picks were Mark Wahlberg, Hugh Jackman, and Dwayne Johnson. Wonder what they're going for with the Pikachu role.

Also worth noting that one of the writers is Alex Hirsch, the creator of Gravity Falls. That gives me some faith.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
it has rumoured that Danny Devito with huge probability could get role of pikachu, it's weird the production picked Ryan Reynolds instead.

That just makes it even worse.

Live action pikachu movie...
How drunk was that producer when he came with the idea to do this?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, he was asked and he said he doesn't know what the fuck is "Pikachu" is.
They should have told him "remember when you wore a weird fancy dress and played together with some batshit-crazy guy on a movie... well, picture your dress in yellow this time"... (I would photoshop that if I had the skill)

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey