Hacking Rxtools with mt card help plzzz

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Hello,
I have recently installed rxtools on my 3ds xl because my mt card doesnt support the newest update of smash bros (I WANT RYU) so i installed rxTools and it worked fine but it only worked when i loaded up the menu and pressed rxmode in sysnand (rxTools 2.6) then i tried the emunand one but it just gave me a black screen and yes i already have emunand on my mt card its version 9.4 and my sysnand is 4.4 and i even have the keyslot thing which was mentioned on rxtools both of the boxes are green when i launch rxtools the emunand and the other one so plz des anyone know a fix for this and if yes plz i am a noob so plz noob language
P.s If no does anybody know how to get the smash update 1.0.8 to work on mt card?
P.s 2 I would appreciate evry answer unless its unecessary :D

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Wut i dont understand what u mean i just got a program opend a m5 file and then the code came and boom i put it in the root of my sd
EDIT: Do u mean i have to change the file somehow if yes plz can u tell me how to do it?

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Ok 1. I got a key what should i do now so how to fill?
2. Where did u exactly say can i get a filled keyslot thing?

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Ok so what i did was i opened the program then wrote the 7.x key down then clicked generate and then into my sd card but it still didnt work it still gives me a black screen ;(

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Still Latest SSB update needs 9.5+ i think, so it will never work on Emunand 9.4
Also rxTools doesn't support SSB for now (SSB and MH4U) reboot your console upon start, kicking out rxTools from memory, CakeCFW has an option to stay in memory for SSB and MH4U, so SSB do work fine on CakeCFW with Emunand 9.5+

But as it works on 9.4 sysnand, i think you don't have latest SSB update installed, so you should be fine with using CakeCFW if you really want to play SSB on emunand

[EDIT]
Ok, you want latest SSB update to get RYU. like said, i think latest update needs 9.5+ to work

Last edited by DjoeN,

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
So there is a way to play ssb online with mt card but not with rxtools?
Edit: So i can play ssb with newest update using cafecfw cuz i ONLY have a mt card no gateway and its on 9.4 emunand

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
since MT Emunand is the same as Gateway Emunand and compatible with rxTools (you say you can boot emunand in rxTools) you could do the following:
If you use CFW, you don't need MT cart or Gateway cart, insince rxTools is already on your SD, boot into emunand and update to 9.9 emunand (be sure you are in rxTools Emunand)

Install CakeCFW (latest rxTools nightly and CakeCFW can coexist, since rxTools places firmware.bin in another folder then just root) and you should have best of both CFW worlds.
If anyone with MT cart can confirm what i think, you should be good to go.

Be sure to make a backup of your SD (win32diskimager or if linux use DD) so you can always revert to your previous working setup

[EDIT]
If you update your emunand over 9.4 you lose all MT cart functionality (not that you need it) So basicly i'm sayin, your MT is from then on useless, untill you start again from zero for a new emunand

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Ok thanks bit i have one problem: Rxtools wont boot into emunand mode only in sysnand i dont understand the problem it just gives me a black screen
Edit: So do u mean i should format my emunand for rxtools then it will work or what?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
You should make a new emunand with gateway files (no need for hardware), download gateway files and put on your SD (replacing MT card ones) (Best is to use a new SD card and keep the old one safe)
BUT like said, make a backup of your SD first with an imagetool (win32diskimager or dd) before you proceed

Make a nand backup and then format emunand in the gateway options, then put all rxTools or CakeCFW files on your SD and boot into emunand and upgrade to latest firmware (be sure you are in rxTools / CakeCFW emunand before updating)

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Ok thanks i will try it now but one question as far as i know mt card cant run gateway stuff so what dou mean with gateway options?
Edit: Do you mean i should do a backup of my old sd card or the new i will be using?

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I have three last questions:
1. How can i use win32diskimager, i installed it but i dont understand what to do
2. With the gateway thing do i need to use the mt cards blue card or can i just put the launcher on my sd and then i get to the options?
3. Do i need to format my 3DS becuase of the mt card files i have installed or can i just install it right away without anything
I really appreciate your work thx alot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over