Hacking RxTools or ReiNand?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Lord Prime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
reinand user here. I feel like rxtools is lagging in terms of 'innovation' (essentially copying ideas new/old) since being handed over to cakes team. Also reinand doesnt require you to search for that keyxkey file or something before being able to use it.

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rxtools, is a pain in the ass to install/setup, since they allway change something, but is great ...
rei and cake are way better to instal/use ...

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had Rx but tried rei now because he was faster with 10.3 emunand. Well works great, doesn't occasionally freeze on booting. Lacks region free but brings back gba/ds in Emunand.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am really confused by this...

rxtools goes to 10.3 emunan in o3DS, but only goes to 9.5 in n3DS

reinand is only n3DS and currently goes to 10.3 (right?), but i have been reading around here that some games aren't working as you need to cryptofix some of them (am i correct in this statement?)

I installed RXtools in all my o3DS, but currently my n3DS is still clean... i have a lot of original games that require firmware 9.2+ so that is the only thing keeping me from downgrading and installing CFW (has they won't run in emunand 9.5)

anyone got any tips in what i should do regarding my n3ds?

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
At this precise moment

N3DS - Reinand
O3DS - rxTools

Reasons:

N3DS - Reinand supports up to 10.3, rxTools is lagging behind but once that is released it's back to rxTools. Mainly due to odd things such as full region-free support without having to do anything... NTR CFW cia for cheats/language plugins working well with it. Those are my 2 things I've found to be missing from Reinand. Region free is there... but you have to use a separate cia for it.

O3DS - rxTools because it runs 10.3 already and has everything you might need with little hassle.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I use Reinand, personally. I don't see why running NTR's CIA for region free and its other features is such a big deal (do you really reboot your 3DSes that often?), but that's just me. If I need cart dumping/decryption tools I just use Decrypt9/EmunandTool9/Uncart.

Reactions: SomeGamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Interesting lol