rxTools (Kind of an old topic)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by SimplySimply_, Nov 5, 2016.

1. SimplySimply_
    OP

SimplySimply_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    I am currently trying to run rxTools3.0Beta & Nightly build and no video, or article tutorials will show me:
    1) How to get emuNAND
    2) How to properly inject FBI (v8.1.0)
    3) How to mount a emuNAND
    4) How to launch rxMode in emuNAND / sysNAND
    Will someone please help or make a video tutorial, I can't figure this out

Thanks, -S1MP

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Don't install rxtools. Its outdated and broken. https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
    This will setup a proper hack and cfw.

Zidapi likes this.
  3. SimplySimply_
    OP

SimplySimply_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    I mean I'll try but idk if it will work.

4. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    IDK if it will work? This guide has been completed by thousands of 3ds owners. Each day it is updated. This will work without a doubt.

Quantumcat, Zidapi and Pikasack like this.
  5. SimplySimply_
    OP

SimplySimply_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    The exploit loaded I just need to get FBI, and freEshop, for the day Pokemon S&M come out. Any idea how? I'm at the loadup/options screen now.

6. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
    (The guide will get you ready to get sun/moon the day it comes out)
    Once you finish this guide download the .cia of freeshop (https://github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases/download/2.1.3/freeShop-2.1.3.cia) and install with fbi (the guide installs that for you).
    Then lookup that titlekeys site and scan the code from the site.

Last edited by xtheman, Nov 5, 2016
  7. SimplySimply_
    OP

SimplySimply_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
  8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Things have changed, we no longer use MenuHAX, it's been replaced with A9LH and RXTools is long dead. It's since been replaced with newer/better CFW
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
    https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
    Best way to check is to see if it's already injected. If it's not, then start from the guide.
    Either way, you really don't have to worry about your emuNAND anymore since you really don't need it anymore with A9LH.

9. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    The guide will install fbi near the end of it. Don't worry. It will install everything you need. A cfw (luma3ds), a hack (A9LH), and a cia installer (fbi so you can install games).

10. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    @SimplySimply_

I'm curious if you're trying to put CFW on a new or old 3ds?

11. SimplySimply_
    OP

SimplySimply_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    But I am really confused how the heck you even install A9LH, or FBI (<Not working for me) or even Luma! My computer wont open Luma because it is a . 7z formatted file. Please I really dont understand

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@H1B1Esquire Old 3DS, And just so you all kno i can only post every 300 seconds. Idk why it says it tho.

12. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    That's why we gave you the guide. It gives you step by step instructions to guiding you through all of this. Also if you can't open .7z files, install 7zip or winrar.

13. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    @SimplySimply_

Have you the ability to use 'youtube'? tubeunblock? There are lots of guides on a9lh....or outdated rxtools tutorials (only use outdated tuts on a garbage 3ds you plan to scrap for parts/enjoy as a paperweight). But honestly, if you can't open zip files, you won't be opening .tor files.

14. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Download 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/download.html to use the .7z. https://plailect.github.io/Guide/ This will tell you how to install fbi near the end. You can't start by installing fbi.

Never recommend youtube guides. It is the worst choice to do.

Quantumcat and Zidapi like this.
  15. SimplySimply_
    OP

SimplySimply_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    Installed 7zX, just in case any of you wonder I am operating on a mac.

I extracted the ctr folder but all it gives me is a file named "2.1.0-4U_ctrtransfer_o3ds.torrent" what does this even mean XD

16. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    @SimplySimply_

Okay, I can see why you want to do rxtools over a9lh+luma (time), but in the end, you'll spend more time going through rxtools to luma (when you realize you can't play newer games i.e. s/oon, ac:nl:wa, and more to come) than taking the time to to a9lh+luma in the first place. plus cleaning up all the files, transfers, Emu<->Sys switching, etc,. It can be a herculian task, especially if you don't have a firm grip on everything you're reading.

Realistically, expect to take 12 hours-two days to have an idea of what's going on without bricking. Last night a user bricked from rushing things.

Help others help you by: listing/picture of sd contents, OFW version, any entry games you have, and what parts of what guides are you having absolute trouble with. More information only hurt presidential candidates.

---- @xtheman166
    On the contrary; I stay updated on tuts posted on youtube by tcp, dark f, mr.mario, etc., but I had my systems done when 9.2 was offered by Nintendo. It's just a refresher for me, but I have used multiple video tuts....just fresh ones.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire, Nov 5, 2016
  17. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    It's a torrent file, you need a torrent downloader. I suggest uTorrent.

18. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.

You could use a program for torrent files; I used zbigz with a torrent plugin for mozilla because I dislike installing certain programs to my computer. Zbigz essentially lets you input an url to a torrent file, downloads as a zip file, and it's just that easy.

19. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    This only works if you already know which users are worth watching and what is up to date/news and what isn't. For new users who have trouble comprehending Plailect's guide and are looking to YouTube for something easier, it is a terrible choice. Noobs are the ones most likely to want to look at video guides so they are the ones that need to be protected.

In other words, YouTube is only good for someone who already knows what they're doing, for noobs (which is 99% of people tempted to look at video guides), very bad.

H1B1Esquire and xtheman like this.