1. nintendowii

nintendowii GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Last edited by nintendowii, Jan 12, 2016
  2. porko

porko GBAtemp Regular

i think this is pretty common, fixable by putting the console to sleep then waking it again... i think!

3. brkun

brkun GBAtemp Fan

United States
    how can i change muy emunand theme without screwing with my coldboot?

Everytime i try to change my emunand theme i have to install menuhax again.

4. Cydget

Cydget GBAtemp Fan

United States
    unlink your sysnand from emunand by formatting your sysnand and re set up menuhax.

5. ext23

ext23 Member
    Newcomer

i have a (J) N3DS with 9.0. i don't own OOT/CN or any gateway cards.

all i want to do is to load US/EU region .cia onto my SD card and have my console boot straight a homebrew menu where i can select ROMs.

is this the right tutorial for me?

6. Cydget

Cydget GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can either use pasta cfw on sysnand or set up emunand. I highly recommend emunand, because it is up to date, makes it harder to brick, and only takes up less than 2 gbs of space. If you want to be on the latest firmware, you need to us reinand and fmp. If you just want to stay on 9.0-9.5 this is the tutorial for you.

7. patientx

patientx Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I am trying to upgrade emunand from 9.2 to 10.4 on og3ds, and when I do it , only black screen appears, it seems I need a newer version of rxtools but the .io site and dropbox links are both out of commison right now. Can anybody point me to the latest rxtools that works with 10.4 ?

8. ChrisN8

OP ChrisN8 GBAtemp Fan

France
    RXtools currently doesn't support yet the 10.4 firmware, i suggest you to use the lastest version of CakesFW with your 3DS & wait for RXtools 10.4 support.

9. patientx

patientx Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Does it enable region free like rxtools ? And can I use my existing emunand with it ?

10. ChrisN8

OP ChrisN8 GBAtemp Fan

France
    I don't know about region free since i don't use it but you can use your emunand with.
    If region free doesnt work, i think you can use NTR with CakesFW to access other region games.

11. masterzed

masterzed GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    h,
    i downgrade my n3ds to fw 9.2
    menuhax 2.1 run
    rxtools start but whe i start from emunand or sysnand freeze.(rxmode ist booting)

why?
    please help
    thank

12. ChrisN8

OP ChrisN8 GBAtemp Fan

France
    Since you have a new3DS suggest you to use the last release of ReiNand, it's the same as RXtools but with a easier setup.
    Just download the CFW on ReiNAND github & the Firmware.bin provided there. Put them on your 3DS & use the reinand.3dsx findable in 3DS homebrew folder as boot.3DSX

If you are patient, tomorrow i will upload a new complete tutorial with everything updated & really really easy to use, more easy than this one.

13. HarEllis6202

HarEllis6202 GBATemp OldFag

United States
    ok so im getting a black screen on a o3dsxl 9.2 most of the time menuhax will load but the screen will turn black after being red on the bottom like its booting up. on my o3dsxl and my 2ds out of 24 tests rxtools booted 16 times on the 2ds failed to bootrx with a black screen once and 7 times on the o3ds 2 times once a yellow screen the second rxtools not booting using type2 sshould i try the last method or will it never boot everytime?

Edit: just use ctrbootmanager it works everytime!

Last edited by HarEllis6202, Jan 25, 2016
  14. israelsaan

israelsaan Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I'm stuck at the installation of rxtools datasuit, it keeps loading at the second square, help please!
    Edit: Turn out the error was the firmware.dat, I just replacedd it to the one on my backup
    ReEdit:So it stopped working again, now it boots Rxtools but on black screen, Did anyone got a fix?

Last edited by israelsaan, Jan 26, 2016
  15. thecia123456789

Newcomer

United States
    unable to install themehax payload error installed menuhax help pls

16. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So idk why Gateway doesn't allow GBA vc titles to run on it. But in the meantime, i'd like to try to use a CFW/tool in order to run some gba cia files. I'd like it to be a straight forward as possible and not disrupt already existing emunand installed cia files and such. Here's my setup:

N3ds 9.0 ofw, with Gateway card/Emunand on 10.3 fw. (using GW ultra No CFW/hacks installed except the MSET hack to boot the Red GW card from the DS profile menu. I'd be ok if I have to boot into GW emunand to play GBA, since I do this anyway. I don't want to have to bootup a GW blue card/cubic ninja card each time, to get to where you can play GBA titles. Hope that makes sense.

Any suggestions? Just follow the page 1 tutorial and install menuhax and either Rxtools/Reinand? Install the GW 3dsx homebrew file instead?

Optionally, I guess I could just use Retroarch, since all I want is GBA support on emunand? (unless you have to install a CFW for Retroarch anyway)

Last edited by Bonovox40, Feb 3, 2016
  17. Robert McCoy

Robert McCoy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I already have a gateway card and already have emunand 10.5 set up for gateway mode. I want to install rxTools so that I can run gba virtual console games. I followed this tutorial exactly and it never boots rxTools for me, just black screen. Is this due to already having a gateway emunand on my SD card? what do I need to do to have both installed?

edit: difference between me and the above poster is that I actually do use the GW.3dsx file to boot my gw mode. I thought that would help with having both gw mode and rxTools but I guess not.

Last edited by Robert McCoy, Feb 8, 2016
  18. ChrisN8

OP ChrisN8 GBAtemp Fan

France
    Try the latest rxtools, it was released today https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/releases

19. Robert McCoy

Robert McCoy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Too late. Got impatient and used pasta Cfw to install the gba cia files to my nand. Bricked the hell out of my system. Black screens. No light. The blue light power led is on. I have a nand backup from gateway for the system. Not sure if this is even fixable or if a hard mod can even save me now

20. ChrisN8

OP ChrisN8 GBAtemp Fan

France
    If you have a nand backup the only option left i think is a hard mod to restore it on your 3DS.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - installation, Homemenuhax, Browserhax