1. SlateXD

SlateXD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Everytime it auto boots into rxtools with pasta (old version) it has rxtools logo on top screen and bottom screen stays black.

My Nands are unlinked, and i've tried both different rxtools.3dsx. Not sure what is going on. Frustrated =/

2. Sam_SpadeR

Sam_SpadeR GBAtemp Regular

Colombia
    Did you put the data folder (with firmwares.bin inside) in the rxTools folder on your SD card? Could be that.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Guys, I have a question: what if I want to install rxtools 2.6 but I did the coldboot rxTools (which is another version, I think)? What do I need to do to make it good?

3. SlateXD

SlateXD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the rxTools folder in rxtools.zip already has data in it?

4. Sam_SpadeR

Colombia
    I don´t think so, man. You need to create a data folder there, and put two firmware.bin files (in numbers) there. What tutorial you are following?

Look, I did this tutorial and it was good:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

Watch carefully the step 3 setting rxTools in coldboot.

5. SlateXD

SlateXD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i followed that guide exactly and it goes to boot into rxTools and goes to a black screen on top after the rxtools logo and the bottom screen goes red and stays red.

What's wierd is it boots the ctrboot manager twice, then finally cycles. idk what thats about.

Last edited by SlateXD, Dec 26, 2015
  6. Sam_SpadeR

Colombia
    Damn, man, then I don´t really know what´s wrong there. Did you tried several times? Sometimes the boot doesn´t work... But the red screen after the rxTools logo never happened to me.

What if you try CakesFW? That could work. Maybe is something about the rxTools you have, I don´t know.

7. SlateXD

SlateXD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Any idea when i click rxtools on ctrbootmanger it starts another ctrbootmanager then finally when i select rxtools it loads rxtools (then red screens) ?

8. Sam_SpadeR

Colombia
    Yeah, man! I believe you forgot to change the rxTools.3dsx or whatever it calls to rxtools.3dsx or something and the ctrbootmanager boot.3dsx file in your SD card along with the boot.cfg. Did you copy the boot.cfg text into your boot.cfg configuration?

That´s why it boots you on red screend I believe, it never loads the rxtools boot entry, I guess. Look well the boot.cfg file.

9. SlateXD

SlateXD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm so confused because that guide didn't say anything about putting the rxtools.3dsx anywhere onto the sd card. And in his cnfg i downloaded it just looks for:

title = "rxTools";
    path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
    offset = "0x12000"

So it's only looking for the code.bin and not a rxtools.3dsx right?

10. Sam_SpadeR

Colombia
    Yeah, that´s ok but, did you change your original boot.3dsx rxtools file to rxtools.3dsx and put the boot.3dsx and boot.cfg ctrbootmanager file into your SD card (rxtools.3dsx, boot.3dsx and boot.cfg in the root of your SD card)?

The only reason I found for the red screens of yours is because you are launching ctrbootmanager everytime you power on your 3ds. Oh! you need to copy the HBL.3dsx to your SD card so you could launch Homebrew Launcher in Ctrbootmanager whenever you like.

Man, if doesnt work anymore for you, I could pass you my SD card files in a PM. So just tell me.

11. SlateXD

SlateXD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah please PM me so i can make sure i'm doing it right.

I just now put the "boot.3dsx" file from the 10.1 nightly and renamed in to rxtools.3dsx and put it on the root, and same thing happens. Did i get the wrong one or something?

12. Quest4glory

Quest4glory Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I created this account just to ask this question. I have a new Nintendo three DS XL with a gateway. I am getting very tired of using the ocarina of time exploit/ having to swap carts. Would this allow me to coldboot straight into a Gateway Emunand? What options for New 3DS Xl Owners on 9.0-9.2 with Gateway/Ocarina of Time/Physical Cart? (Or eShop I suppose) This is a very common/most used combination on NEW 3DS XL, and would be very useful to a lot of people?

Last edited by Quest4glory, Dec 28, 2015
  13. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I have a O3ds XL on 4.4 what is the best way to do autoboot into Gateway mode please?

14. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I updated my 3DS to 9.2 and followed this guide so I could coldboot into Gateway with the new update but I am getting stuck on installing Homemenu hax. When I try to load it from the Homebrew launcher, it shows a black screen with text really fast and then goes to the 3DS screen (with the browser open) and freezes. I used the menuhax_manager from this guide so I am not sure what is going wrong. Any ideas? It's an old3DS xl and yes I have entered the theme settings once.

EDIT: Nevermind... got it to work by installing FBI to Health and Safety through rxtools and installing homebrew loader cia from there. Now coldbooting to my Gateway emunand. :yaysp:

Last edited by Ryft, Dec 30, 2015
  15. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    If you have trouble with my guide, ask in my thread ;) I don't use a 3dsx to boot rxtools like it is done here, with my guide it directly starts the executable of rxtools which is the code.bin, I found this to work better.

I advise you to delete your rxtools and set it up the way I describe it in my step 3, with the correct firmware file in the correct folder. It works.

16. richardparker

richardparker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    will this work on o3ds 9.2 homemenuhax

17. Justin20020

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    on Sysnand 9.2, I go to ninjhax 2.5 and installed menuhax. After this, I restarted the console but it wont let me to boot on rxtools. If I try it on emunand, It booted me on sysnand. What can I do?

-O3ds
    -emunand 10.3
    -sysnand 9.2

18. richardparker

richardparker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    can anyone pls tell me whereto get firmware.bin?i cant find it... pls pm...

19. DoctorAmazing

DoctorAmazing Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Seconding this, can't find it anywhere

20. shadowla05

shadowla05 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Im getting black screen when i open VC cias installed on emunand with rx

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - installation, Homemenuhax, Browserhax