drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to boot RxTools through CTRBootManager and menuhax, but RxTools only sometimes boots. Sometimes, it will give me a black screen, while sometimes it will give me a black screen with a single green pixel in the bottom left corner of the screen. I would use the MSET exploit, but I learned that I can't play DS games w/o me having to reset the exploit. So how can I boot RxTools with CTRBootManager and Menuhax and make it work everytime?

EDIT: I am on 9.2U o3ds with emu 10.3U

drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States

slothio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I set the timeout value in the boot.cfg to 1 and it resolved my issue. I was having the exact same problem when the timeout value was set to 0

drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
I set the timeout value in the boot.cfg to 1 and it resolved my issue. I was having the exact same problem when the timeout value was set to 0
the thing was that my timeout was 3, but it worked once I changed it to 5.

drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess some configurations require additional time for the exploit to "kick in" at least we found a solution!
Kinda weird how the default config gives it a timeout of 3 when it doesn't even work with that value. The devs should probably fix that :)

slothio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kinda weird how the default config gives it a timeout of 3 when it doesn't even work with that value. The devs should probably fix that :)
It depends because I have a 2DS and it works great with the timeout value set to 0. RxTools boots everytime with no issues but on my OLD 3DSXL I had to set it to 1 as it would black screen everytime

drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
It depends because I have a 2DS and it works great with the timeout value set to 0. RxTools boots everytime with no issues but on my OLD 3DSXL I had to set it to 1 as it would black screen everytime
So which console is a timeout of 3 the best? n3ds?

drewby

OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
I use timeout=1, autobootfix=12 and I have 100% boot rate on my o3DS 9.2 sysnand to 10.3 emunand.

Maybe it depends on the SD card class? I use an SDXC UHS1.
I'm still not getting 100% boot rate with your settings. Maybe it has to do with the offset? Mine is 0x12000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1