Hacking RXTOOLS 10.5 emunand support

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think most of its chatter has been in the RxTools thread proper, but..that's nice, I guess. Good to know it's finally out for those who have waited.

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think most of its chatter has been in the RxTools thread proper, but..that's nice, I guess. Good to know it's finally out for those who have waited.
Then that thread needs to be updated. I was just there and there was no front page news about it. Unless that has changed in the last 10-20 minutes

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
None of the other CFWs got GBATemp front page news for 9.6+ emuNAND, so why should RxTools? :P

But on a more serious note, the original post of the RxTools thread is pretty outdated, yes.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why has there been no news of this? https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/releases Released a day ago and nothing on the 3ds pages about it!?
I looked at it briefly, its only 9.6 native and it seems that two bugs were reported recently that it can corrupt two files that are critical to emunand operation and i dont feel like risking downtime with reinand or cakes. The fix is identifying files and deleting them but for only 9.6 native why bother?

Last edited by democracy,

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at it briefly, its only 9.6 native and it seems that two bugs were reported recently that it can corrupt two files that are critical to emunand operation. The fix is identifying files and deleting them but for only 9.6 native why bother?
The readme says that new 3ds users must provide their own encrypted firm for first time set up with this. Also a few special bin files that are found on that lovely iso site. And if I'm not mistaken, doesn't reiand use 9.6 firm for emunand 9.6+?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And if I'm not mistaken, doesn't reiand use 9.6 firm for emunand 9.6+?

Reinand proper/official uses only 10.2 right now. AuReiNand (a.k.a. Aurora Wright's mod of it) supports NATIVE_FIRM 10.4 for both O3DS and N3DS (but it's not required, I think). Cakes also supports up to NATIVE_FIRM 10.4, but can use 9.6/10.2 as well.

Tl;dr: no.

Reactions: nero99

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reinand proper/official uses only 10.2 right now. AuReiNand (a.k.a. Aurora Wright's mod of it) supports NATIVE_FIRM 10.4 for both O3DS and N3DS (but it's not required, I think). Cakes also supports up to NATIVE_FIRM 10.4, but can use 9.6/10.2 as well.

Tl;dr: no.
Ah. Well once I'm done fully setting this up, I will report back with how it works compared to rei.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's not a huge difference between 9.6's FIRM and 10.2's, aside from some minor compatibility issues (9.6 isn't good enough for some things). However, there's also no reason not to use 10.2's over 9.6, since it still works with NTR. Once RxTools supports it, I'd suggest moving up to the 10.2 FIRM.

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only down side is the low boot rate. For me on themehax/menuhax (using code.bin and .3dsx), it launches 6/10 times perfectly on the new 3ds/Xl. Other than that, everything else seems to work perfectly.

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Whilst this is exciting news this version of rxTools is terrible compared to the older versions of rxTools, as this release has no region free or DS/GBA game support on emuNAND (Or so I've been told).

Reactions: nero99

nero99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And also unstable, I can't seem to get it boot properly. Low boot rate
I've noticed that the 3dsx version has a bit of a better boot rate than the code.bin. Also, its still a "beta" version. So we can't expect it to be perfect.

Would you be able to pm me where to get it
just type it in google search. it will bring up that specific iso website for the 3ds. You'll know it when you see it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs