Russian history help

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Ringo619, Apr 26, 2011.

Apr 26, 2011

Russian history help by Ringo619 at 2:01 PM (457 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Ringo619
    OP

Member Ringo619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok so i got a essay to write about Russian's weakness and defeats and the year is between 1881-1924, and this is due tomorrow so can some one mind giving me a summary or something so i can use that in my own words or get an idea of what to write?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
  3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    That time encompasses much of the end colonial Europe to an extent, world war 1, Prussia, Finland, Rasputin and the Russian revolution as well as the end of the Tsars. I mention the first two as even though Russia may or may not be part of Europe depending on how you look at things they are greatly important in the history of Russia and also see things like the Tsars being refused asylum in the UK. This is to say nothing of whatever was going on in east Russia as well.

Short version if you are asking about this sort of thing and you are indeed in the US you are probably doing it at a fairly high level- you are almost certainly going to be doing an all nighter. If you can (I do not know what the late submission penalties are) I would take the hit and spend tomorrow evening doing it as well.
    There are likely a few people around here that can help you but they are not many in number.

Your best bet for something really simple (or at least part of it) is to try and find an analysis/explanation of Animal farm- it is quite famously an allegorical account of the Russian revolution so have a look that (note it does dwell a fair bit on the time period after yours finishes so be careful).

If I cared about grades I would really not like to be in your shoes right now.

4. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I remember the revolution in 1917, when Lenin became the main guy.
    And of course WWI in 1914.
    Oh and yes please use google, google is your friend.