Russia gives the Sims 4 an "Adults Only" rating

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A bit to lenient, seeing it is Putin we're talking about ._.
Putin finally came to its senses?
Or is he secretly planning to pump the profits from the sales into the Ukraine crisis?
Putin will never "come to his senses" because I don't think he's ever "left" them - he's simply thinking in completely different categories to those common in western culture. I don't think he's stupid, I think he simply has a strong inclination towards establishing dictatorship (or rather "maintain it", judging by the Russian political scene).

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Putin will never "come to his senses" because I don't think he's ever "left" them - he's simply thinking in completely different categories to those common in western culture. I don't think he's stupid, I think he simply has a strong inclination towards establishing dictatorship (or rather "maintain it", judging by the Russian political scene).

Maintaining it would be the better term indeed.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh yeah, a six year old won't get as much interest out of a Playboy as a 12 year old; their level of sexuality hasn't grown to that point. And going back to your earlier statement about no kid being attracted to the opposite sex: a 6, maybe even a 4 year old boy loves his mother. Love, attraction, pretty much synonyms, if you get my meaning. But then that kid develops a social life (e.g. kindergarten) and comes into contact with other girls. Awwww... :wub: and some boys develop crushes on those little girls. :) But the point in a boy's life when he wants to start having sex with those girls starts around puberty and that feeling stays with him for pretty much the rest of his life.
Of course a little boy loves his mom - it's his mom, that has nothing to do with her being a woman, she might as well be an elephant, really. As far as kindergarden is concerned, I touched upon that - it's emulation of pre-existing patterns, it's playing house more so than actual relationships. To conclude on my end, the life of a boy is divided into a few basic sections with titles as follows: "I don't know what a boner is", "I have a boner but I don't understand why", "I have a boner and I understand why", "I have a boner and I have to do something about it immediately", "I have a boner and you should do something about it, baby" and "I don't have boners anymore... maybe it's for the better, my back pain is killing me... stop bothering me, whipper-snapper!".

bluejon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there are some kids that do play with other kids of the opposite sex and yes, there are kids that play exclusively with kids of their own sex - this is not a black and white distinction, it's a gradable spectrum with numerous variables to it. For example, I would wager that children who have siblings of the opposite sex (and good relations with them) are more keen on integrating with children of the opposite sex in other environments (at least if peer pressure doesn't stand in the way), but I'd have to look for some research on that matter before stating it as fact.

I've got plenty of experience with children, I've had children psychology as a course in university (I'm on a teacher's programme after all) and I've clocked several hours teaching English and Computer Science in my local primary as a part of work experience - I've met a lot of kids, I got to observe what they do on breaks and I know what I'm talking about.

Thing is, you cannot base your claims solely on personal experience - that's circumstancial and anecdotal evidence. Not only that, there's a myriad of development anomalies that can occur which may trigger an early onset of puberty, but those cases are rare and don't really reflect the general rule. You need to have a more all-encompasing look on the matter, read some related literature and delve into the scientific studies, this is a hightly active field in psychology, there's plenty of material to go by. I'm merely giving you the general rule of how this thing works. ;)

Regardless you could be Einstein for all I know but like I said some don't fall into it and when you said "Rare" I lost interest in this convo. ..

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Regardless you could be Einstein for all I know but like I said some don't fall into it and when you said "Rare" I lost interest in this convo. ..
That's... not really my fault. I'm definitely not Einstein, I'm merely giving you my stance on the matter and supporting my argument. Besides, I've already said what I had to say, hence the post above. The only advice I gave you was to look into the research side of things rather than assuming on the sole basis of personal experience. ;)

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's... not really my fault. I'm definitely not Einstein, I'm merely giving you my stance on the matter and supporting my argument. Besides, I've already said what I had to say, hence the post above. The only advice I gave you was to look into the research side of things rather than assuming on the sole basis of personal experience. ;)

Can't be helped if some people refuse to listen either :P

Reactions: Skelletonike

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course a little boy loves his mom - it's his mom, that has nothing to do with her being a woman, she might as well be an elephant, really. As far as kindergarden is concerned, I touched upon that - it's emulation of pre-existing patterns, it's playing house more so than actual relationships. To conclude on my end, the life of a boy is divided into a few basic sections with titles as follows: "I don't know what a boner is", "I have a boner but I don't understand why", "I have a boner and I understand why", "I have a boner and I have to do something about it immediately", "I have a boner and you should do something about it, baby" and "I don't have boners anymore... maybe it's for the better, my back pain is killing me... stop bothering me, whipper-snapper!".

I wonder if a baby elephant would love his mom, even if she were human or even a snake... however, "playing house" is still a relationship. It's not the type you have with your girlfriend (at least I think you have one) or even your classmates, but they're two people interacting with each other. I'm not going to describe the relationship between your computer and your keyboard; I'm just using this as an example of a non-human relationship. Oh, and I know about a boy's stages of life. Finally, some knowledge we share in common. :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Can't be helped if some people refuse to listen either :P
We live in free countries (for the most part), freedom of speech comes with freedom of having different opinions and thank god it does - it brews interesting and fruitful discussions. :)
I wonder if a baby elephant would love his mom, even if she were human or even a snake... however, "playing house" is still a relationship. It's not the type you have with your girlfriend (at least I think you have one) or even your classmates, but they're two people interacting with each other. I'm not going to describe the relationship between your computer and your keyboard; I'm just using this as an example of a non-human relationship. Oh, and I know about a boy's stages of life. Finally, some knowledge we share in common. :)
Of course it is a relationship, so is friendship or kinship - by "relationship" I obviously meant the "life partners" style which implies sexual attraction of some kind. :P

An adopted child loves his/her adoptive mother regardless of whether she is the actual biological parent simply because the mother plays a parental role (plus the child usually isn't informed about this state of matters until much later in his/her life), I don't think the species would be a massive giveaway until the child matures enough to notice and understand visual cues - the same goes to elephants, a highly intelligent species by the way.

As for having something in common, finding common ground is the whole point of having discussions (on top of exchanging information, of course). :)

Reactions: Ericthegreat

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
due to a controversial law restricting the promotion of same-sex relationships to minors.

An 18 and above ? I wonder if this game is only for straight relationship and will it remain an 18 and above ? I doubt. They sound really silly. A same sex relationship is natural and its normal. Nothing's wrong with that. Jeez. This America is weird. Most Europe, they do not care about the rating mature.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
An 18 and above ? I wonder if this game is only for straight relationship and will it remain an 18 and above ? I doubt. They sound really silly. A same sex relationship is natural and its normal. Nothing's wrong with that. Jeez. This America is weird. Most Europe, they do not care about the rating mature.
The article is not about America, it's about Russia. Whether a same sex relationship is natural or not is a matter of how you approach the subject - they occur naturally in both humans and animals alike, however that doesn't change the fact that we have two sexes, they're both required to reproduce, that's just how we "work". Of course here we're touching upon the subject of what a relationship is and slowly nearing the deep and muddy area of what a marriage is, so we should probably avoid going down that path. :rofl2:

Check out Piagets stages
Piaget describes stages of cognition development, psychosexual development was Freud's field, accuracy of the theories aside. :P

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An 18 and above ? I wonder if this game is only for straight relationship and will it remain an 18 and above ? I doubt. They sound really silly. A same sex relationship is natural and its normal. Nothing's wrong with that.

Of course someone named "bear mon" would say that. :P

Jeez. This America is weird. Most Europe, they do not care about the rating mature.

America is Russia now? The Gipper and I have some strong words about that.

AlexeySinitsyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Guys, it's just rating system, calm down. They can't do anything, when law restricts promotion of same sex relationship to minors. And this is all bought promotion to minors. They doesn't prohibit you to be gay/lesbian. Also, there are many same-sex relationship pairs in Russia.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, they don't want minors going around screwing people of the same sex, but of the opposite sex, it's okay. I guess that's just minors being minors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.