Rush Concert in Toronto

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by hankchill, Jul 10, 2008.

Jul 10, 2008

Rush Concert in Toronto by hankchill at 2:29 PM (1,223 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. hankchill
    OP

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    So I finally went to my first concert last night, and saw Rush live at the Molson Amphitheatre [​IMG] I've been a Rush fan ever since a baby and it was awesome to finally see them perform. Even though it was their 'Snakes & Arrows Tour', they played a ton of their classic stuff, which was totally awesome! The place was also packed right up the nose! There must have been at least 8,000 or so people there!

It was overall a great experience, Rush are very good entertainers, and some of the videos that are shown behind them while playing are hilarious.

After the show ended though, we spent an hour trying to get out of the freaking place [​IMG] We were all like sardines trying to get through one small little exit, and with thousands of people, we spent a good hour moving inch by inch every 10 seconds just to get out.

Just thought I'd share my experience with you guys (and gals) [​IMG]

2. Ducky

Member Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Israel
    [​IMG] the exit experience sounds fun

3. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    Officially envious [​IMG]

I'm a massive fan of them as well. But have never had the pleasure of a concert.

Have several of their video dvds though.

4. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    I saw them at the end of last summer on the first leg of the 'Snakes & Arrows' tour. Definately a band that is worth seeing live at least once in your lifetime. One of the best things about their show is it's all them for 3 hours, no opening bands, so you are sure to hear at least a few songs you like even if you are only a casual fan.

@PT - There will be a DVD soon of this tour as well, but you should really try to catch them live before this tour is done. It may be their last.

Also from rush.com:

July 06, 2008
    Harmonix and MTV Games announced today additional Rush tracks will be available at the Rock Band™ Music Store catalog of downloadable content.
    On July 8th, air drummers and guitarists will rejoice when direct from the Rush Masters Vault versions of “Closer To The Heart” and the exclusive Rock Band version “Working Man (Vault Edition)” (featuring never released alternative guitar solo) are made available.

Please visit the multi media section of rush.com to watch a video interview with Geddy & Alex about “Working Man and more”

Rush now have 5 songs available for Rock Band, almost a full-set by prog rock standards!

In addition RUSH, ROCKBAND and Clearchannel.com are giving fans a chance to win autographed RUSH/ ROCKBAND game bundles.

5. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    sounds like you had a great time. like lazycus, I saw this tour on its first leg last summer and haven't missed a rush show since the 'signals' tour back in 1983 (probably before hankchill was born! [​IMG]

6. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    hankchill is like 30 lol

7. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    not according to his profile (he listed himself as 22). besides, my statement goes back 25 years so I would have been close if not right on the money.

8. hankchill
    OP

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    haha I'm 22 [​IMG]

So yeah it was definitely before I was born; heck, I wasn't even a sperm [​IMG]

9. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    orly? Must have been remembering someone else then ):