Runnung GBA Roms stored on Slot 1 on Slot 2 with YSMENU?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Volvagia356, May 4, 2008.

1. Volvagia356
    OP

Newcomer Volvagia356 Newbie

Malaysia
    I have YSMENU installed and I found out that it can load GBA Roms so I'm wondering how do I use this function.
    I know I need a flash-cart but what type?
    And how do I make sure everything works?
    I'm sorry if anything above sounds odd because I have trouble writing the words out...

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You need a slot2 GBA expansion cart. I would recommend the eWin 2in1 with the DSTT. The EZ 3in1 will also work, but the eWin is the one that is sometimes bundled with the DSTT and happens to be cheaper. The EZ has a rumble feature, but it's not worth the extra cost (very few games support it, it eats up your battery, and the EZ's rumble isn't as good as some others).

Get the eWin 2in1 GBA expansion pack at psxboy.com for around $14 (USD) including shipping.

YSMenu should run the GBA games (.gba files) directly from your DSTT, but I've had some problems with its saves. If you run into problems, you can use GBA ExpLoader with either YSMenu or the official TTMenu to run GBA games through your slot2 cart.

-Bri

3. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    YSMenu works fine with the EZ 3in1, and I have no problems with saves.
    The only thing I don't like is for 32MB games, you have to write the rom to the NOR, which takes a while, and if you don't remember to save the SRAM, you lose your save file.

On the plus side, NOR works on a DS with no flashcart.

4. shiroitaka

Member shiroitaka GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Does anyone know if you can use the m3 Lite as a slot 2 to load GBA as i will have a spare when my dstt arrives?!

5. khan

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    I do not know about M3 Lite, but, I was able to launch LoZ Minish Cap using YSMenu with SC Lite in slot2.

6. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    it does not say in his documentation about M3 lite it just says ez3in1, Ewin2in1 ,EZ4 & Supercards are supported

7. apocalypticvisio

Member apocalypticvisio GBAtemp Regular

United States
    there may be an issue with the slot 2 devices that do not use sram for saving games using the ysmenu to access them...i went with the ewin cuz it's cheaper, and i bought a rumble pack separately.

8. Volvagia356
    OP

Newcomer Volvagia356 Newbie

Malaysia
    I hope it's okay to bump my own topic.

I've finally got the EZ Flash 3in1 and I'm using GBA ExpLoader. I'm wondering is there such thing as a Real Time Clock for it?

It seems to be possible, just read the time off DS RTC and edit the save file?

9. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    currently the only cart with RTS is the m3 gba exp pak (in combo with built in gba function on m3 real)

there are hacked roms with RTS fixes already installed on them so you dont have to worry about that