Hacking Running Wii Sports Resort update on softmod

the_rhino_uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I got a wii last week and decided to softmod it and install the HBC so I can run backup's off disc and USB.

I ended up doing a LOT of reading and for the most part followed this softmod guide:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/773505

Everything is working ok and I have managed to run a backup of Anno fine off a DVD.

So my Wii has the HBC installed, downgraded IOS35, cIOS38_rev13a installed, using IOS36, IOS60Patched and NeoGamma R6 installed.

My question is about running a backup Wii Sports resort. When you put the disk in it asks for an update which I had read was a game update and shouldn't cause any problems for the softmod. Can anyone confirm this? I have installed the update and nothing 'appears' to be broken (the Anno backup still runs ok through NeoGamma).

Also has anyone got it running ok with a Wii motion plus?

If you don't have a Wii motion plus plugged into the wii remote it just kicks you back to the Wii System menu when run in NeoGamma. Is this normal or do you have to do something to get it running (with a wii motion plus obviously)!
smile.gif

Thanks!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I take it since you installed the update from it that you have the original retail disc of it right? If you play it from the disc channel there should be a motionplus for morons video that is mandatory to watch automatically play the first time you load it. If you do it from the disc channel it should play fine, but if the first time that you load the game is through any other loader, it will boot you back to the system menu because it tried to play the video but couldn't. You should be able to load it fine from the disc channel the first time and then you can use any other loader from that point. But if you are not on 4.0 and not 4.1 and you play a game from the sd card menu, then that video will try to play again so you will need to load it from the disc channel again and watch the video again. That is the bug (and only thing) that 4.1 fixed.

If it isn't a retail disc that you can play from the disc channel then there is a sticky in the backup loader section on this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168530

Also generally updating from discs is not advised. And for retail games I think you can load it through GeckoOS and it will just install any necessary IOS's or anything that the game needs which should be safer than updating from the disc channel.

the_rhino_uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok cool, so even though I made the update via the disk channel I shouldn't have messed it up this time right (I guess I was lucky)!

I better do some reading into GeckoOS so I don't make that mistake again in the future!

Just read the long threads about running a backup Wii Sports resort so thanks for your help mate.

One final thing though (for future reference) you get the RZTP.dol file from extracting the player.dol file from the ISO file using Wiisrcubber and then rename it to RZTP.dol. You can then use that via NeoGamma to view the motion plus video right?

Thanks very much for you help

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
i have dl wsr euro edition, worked fine through usb loader, no alt dol no nothin, put wii motion + in started game in usb loader worked first time, dint even make me watch stupid video.

the_rhino_uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh and one more thing, doesn't NeoGamma install any updates safely (like GeckoOS)? If not can you run the game via GeckoOS and let it install any required ISO's that the game may need and then go back and run it through NeoGamma?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the_rhino_uk said:
Ok cool, so even though I made the update via the disk channel I shouldn't have messed it up this time right (I guess I was lucky)!

I better do some reading into GeckoOS so I don't make that mistake again in the future!

Just read the long threads about running a backup Wii Sports resort so thanks for your help mate.

One final thing though (for future reference) you get the RZTP.dol file from extracting the player.dol file from the ISO file using Wiisrcubber and then rename it to RZTP.dol. You can then use that via NeoGamma to view the motion plus video right?

Thanks very much for you help

Yea, just follow the directions in the sticky and it should work.

leondmsmith said:
i have dl wsr euro edition, worked fine through usb loader, no alt dol no nothin, put wii motion + in started game in usb loader worked first time, dint even make me watch stupid video.

Huh...does the pal version not do it? I guess you could just try it first and see if it doesn't reboot.

QUOTE(the_rhino_uk @ Jul 22 2009, 02:49 AM)
Oh and one more thing, doesn't NeoGamma install any updates safely (like GeckoOS)? If not can you run the game via GeckoOS and let it install any required ISO's that the game may need and then go back and run it through NeoGamma?

No NeoGamma doesn't, also I'm not 100% sure GeckoOS does that either, but I do recall reading that it did somewhere. If you just update to 4.1 if you aren't already you should have any IOS that any game should possibly need to actually run and you could use startpatch to enable the skip update check hack or something and won't have to deal with it at all.

the_rhino_uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Righty ho, I will have a look at that. Would pre-loader check for game updates or does that just check for system updates?

I still need to install preloader 0.29 as I can only install BootMii as a ISO and not on boot 2 (which is a shame).

Can I install startpatch and preloader together and is it worth doing?

EDIT : From what I have read I might only need to install the latest preloader with the 4.1E hacks files to be able to boot to the HBC when needed and also turn on the game update hack. Is that right?

abangiyan

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
the_rhino_uk said:
Hi all,

I got a wii last week and decided to softmod it and install the HBC so I can run backup's off disc and USB.

I ended up doing a LOT of reading and for the most part followed this softmod guide:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/773505

Everything is working ok and I have managed to run a backup of Anno fine off a DVD.

So my Wii has the HBC installed, downgraded IOS35, cIOS38_rev13a installed, using IOS36, IOS60Patched and NeoGamma R6 installed.

My question is about running a backup Wii Sports resort. When you put the disk in it asks for an update which I had read was a game update and shouldn't cause any problems for the softmod. Can anyone confirm this? I have installed the update and nothing 'appears' to be broken (the Anno backup still runs ok through NeoGamma).

Also has anyone got it running ok with a Wii motion plus?

If you don't have a Wii motion plus plugged into the wii remote it just kicks you back to the Wii System menu when run in NeoGamma. Is this normal or do you have to do something to get it running (with a wii motion plus obviously)!
smile.gif

Thanks!

i use this methode and its works great...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168530

i use wiipower methode... Thanks bro...

i run neogamma from hbc (ios36, menu 4.0u)
wii sport resort run smoothly
smile.gif

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes!
They're no negatives of updating from the disc are there? (Even though I know it isnt recommended)

A sibling installed the update from the retail disc on the wii, I was quite annoyed!
Though, everything works perfectly; hbc, usb loader etc.

Should I be worried? Or just continue on as normal.

I'm guessing like my IOS's arent patched anymore or something?
Anyway just a guess haha. I've encountered no problems so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome