modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been into the wii scene for maybe a whole year. I was just wondering, My wii is on the version just when you were able to play games from the sd card, and i hacked it so i can install wads and update blocked it (i am not sure of the exact cios's i installed but lets just say i have about 150 games on my wii and they all run perfectly)

so lets get down to the question, Come the release of kirby wii, would i be able to play it right off the bat using my gx loader since i have a standard hacked wii, or did nintendo implement some sort of new security anytime from yesterday to a year ago? would i have to patch new games?

oh and as a guy just getting back to the wii scene from a years time is there anything that i missed? like a TOTAL CIOS INSTALLER that patches all my ios's?

tldr... kinda: i am so used to the playstation cfw scene and the fact that sony plays games of cat and mouse when it comes to us and their security... so after being away for a year i just want to know since my wii is fully hacked and able to play 150 games will i be able to play the new ones too or did something change when i was gone?

sorry about the terrible spelling i did not sleep last night, too busy playing the duke nukem forever leak.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
ok man all i can say is get modmii from the stickies at top of forum

use the wizard and tell it your wii is virgin and all the info and get a guide

just read through it and it will tell what is recommended these days and all kinds of other great info

you dont have to actually use the modding files but the guide is a good way to see what all is new and how things have changed in the past year

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Let's start out with the standard answers: obviously, we can't say for sure whether games that aren't released yet won't have a new sort of protection. Seeing how all the other recent nintendo titles (Epic yarn, donkey kong country, golden eye, other M, even super mario galaxy 2) came with little to no extra protection, there's a reasonable chance that you'll be able to play it straight away.

Anything that you missed? Eurm...if you google swiss, riivolution or sneek, you might find some interesting things. USB loaders can use FAT32 partitions now and wiimc is a nice media player. There have been some cios updates (d2x is a team that continues Waninkoko's work...they're doing well on improving things), and preloader is continued in priiloader. Oh, and cioscorp's new name is darkcorp. Perhaps the nicest addition is modmii, which is a script program that makes hacking (and rehacking) a wii a lot easier.

But for the most part, it's mostly updates and fixes. The HBC is still the standard for loading homebrew. The latest firmware updates were merely to remove homebrew, and aside from blocking bannerbomb, it wasn't very effective.

And there already was a "cios installer that patches all your ios" years ago: cioscorp/darkcorp. And if you use usb loaders, you don't need it, as you will load all your games with only a handfull of cIOS located in the 240-250 range.
(perhaps that is new: the rejection of the idea that there will be a single cIOS that will play everything. cIOS installers and USB loaders now ask you to which slot to install to. With only 3 or 4 cIOS slots, you can play pretty much every game).

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
Let's start out with the standard answers: obviously, we can't say for sure whether games that aren't released yet won't have a new sort of protection. Seeing how all the other recent nintendo titles (Epic yarn, donkey kong country, golden eye, other M, even super mario galaxy 2) came with little to no extra protection, there's a reasonable chance that you'll be able to play it straight away.

Anything that you missed? Eurm...if you google swiss, riivolution or sneek, you might find some interesting things. USB loaders can use FAT32 partitions now and wiimc is a nice media player. There have been some cios updates (d2x is a team that continues Waninkoko's work...they're doing well on improving things), and preloader is continued in priiloader. Oh, and cioscorp's new name is darkcorp. Perhaps the nicest addition is modmii, which is a script program that makes hacking (and rehacking) a wii a lot easier.

But for the most part, it's mostly updates and fixes. The HBC is still the standard for loading homebrew. The latest firmware updates were merely to remove homebrew, and aside from blocking bannerbomb, it wasn't very effective.

And there already was a "cios installer that patches all your ios" years ago: cioscorp/darkcorp. And if you use usb loaders, you don't need it, as you will load all your games with only a handfull of cIOS located in the 240-250 range.
(perhaps that is new: the rejection of the idea that there will be a single cIOS that will play everything. cIOS installers and USB loaders now ask you to which slot to install to. With only 3 or 4 cIOS slots, you can play pretty much every game).

i was around for the fat 32 format usb loader age, the rest of the stuff is new to me. I distinctivley remember loading all my games from 2 different cios's but i always stick to one (i forgot the number but it is compatible with all my games including epic yarn) thanks a lot for the info on modmii and the latest security fails by nintendo. So all in all i should just run modmii and it will tell me if i am missing anything? after doing my research i do believe it is very doubtful that i am missing anything dire cios wise.

i cant wait to readup on the last year, thanks a lot bro.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wever said:
Please, provide source of this information. Post number range in specific topic should be ok.
Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.