Running sliderhax on 10.1 to activate homemenuhax for the first time

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by zaferman, Nov 19, 2015.

1. zaferman
    OP

zaferman Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    Greece
    So i'm trying to run sliderhax for the first time on my 10.1 old 3ds and while i do everything just fine, when i get to the stage to run the the exploit from my browser,the browser comes up with the message telling me i need to update to be able to use the browser.i tried blocking nintendo's domains so that the 3ds doesn't see the update using this thread :

https://gbatemp.net/threads/blocking-9-3-0-21-with-your-wi-fi-router.375633/

also i tried the opendns method whitch also seems to be working.
    in both methods i just added the balanced domains given.

It seems to block them fine cause eshop stopped telling me that i need to update and comes up with a connection error,but the browser still comes with the message to update.

I need to run sliderhax just one time to get to the homebrew menu and activate homemenuhax.

Thanks

2. Santaros

Santaros GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2013
    Your too late unfortunately, gotta jump on these things ASAP. Once you have gotten the browser update nag you're already screwed on o3DS.

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Once you get that message, you are pretty much screwed.
    Sadly all of the easy exploits were patched out and now you will have to wait for a new one.