Homebrew Running patched SNES roms (SNEmulDS/Acekard2)

Grimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone got the Chrono Trigger Prophet's Guile patch working on their DS? I'm using an Acekard 2 and SNEmulDS v0.6 and haven't had any luck so far. I've tried different rom images and tried the headered and unheadered patches on both. I've also tried using SnesDS with no luck.

Whats happens is that it starts up and then gives me the first screen (with the writing on it) and then I hit A and it goes black but it starts playing music. After that it doesn't respond and I have to reset my DS. On SnesDS I don't even get the title screen or music, it just turns white and thats it.

I tried searching the forums with no luck either. Any help would be much appreciated.
smile.gif

anandjones

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You most likely won't get it working. SnemulDS hasn't been able to play any patched ROMs that I've tried except for FFIII, and a clean CT ROM barely works anyway (many layer problems).

Grimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past patched with the Parallel Worlds patch and it seems to work fine. After a bit more reading i'm finding that apparently Chrono Trigger originally used a 32megabit rom while the Prophets Guile patch uses a 48megabit rom. Not sure if this makes a difference though.

Just curious to see if anyone else has it going or has any suggestions on how to get it going.

Grimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how I can get in touch with the SNEmulDS team? I'd like to bring this to their attention to see if they can help in any way.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "team" is just Archeide, and he already knows about the issue (assuming he read the multiple threads about it on the PocketHeaven SNEmulDS boards). It appears that he has lost interest in programming SNEmulDS for the time being, so I'd suggest against pestering him about it.

Grimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
The "team" is just Archeide, and he already knows about the issue (assuming he read the multiple threads about it on the PocketHeaven SNEmulDS boards). It appears that he has lost interest in programming SNEmulDS for the time being, so I'd suggest against pestering him about it.

I originally intended to contact him asking if there was any fix for the issue since I obviously didn't recieve any support from anyone here. I don't consider the asking of a pertinent question in a polite way to be "pestering."

That aside, I couldn't find any contact information on his website anyway so said "pestering" is out of the question.

Thanks anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning