Hardware Hacking running new nintendo titles on old hekate ?

deadwar421

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey im fairly new to switch modding , i bought a modded switch a while back running hekate and atmosphere and i am having issues updating them so i can run the latest firmware due to aio not liking exfat sd cards. i was curious if i used a different sd and updated firmware normally through nintendo to run pokemon daimond and other recent carts from a store then go back to my out of date hekate and still run my homebrew and downloaded titles on my main sd or will the updated firmware cause problems when switching back to my hekate sd. if it helps im running an internal chip not a dongle thanks.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey im fairly new to switch modding , i bought a modded switch a while back running hekate and atmosphere and i am having issues updating them so i can run the latest firmware due to aio not liking exfat sd cards. i was curious if i used a different sd and updated firmware normally through nintendo to run pokemon daimond and other recent carts from a store then go back to my out of date hekate and still run my homebrew and downloaded titles on my main sd or will the updated firmware cause problems when switching back to my hekate sd. if it helps im running an internal chip not a dongle thanks.
U need to format your card to fat32

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Swapping sd cards literally does nothing. It isnt going to cause problems, & it definately wont prevent or invoke a ban

deadwar421

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swapping sd cards literally does nothing. It isnt going to cause problems, & it definately wont prevent or invoke a ban
im trying to figure out if i update my firmware if thats effecting my sd or the system itself im essentially try to play a brand new game cartridge on an out of date switch and want to know if i can do this without updating my hekate sd by switching to a different sd and running the switch normally and updating the firmware through nintendo then switching back to the other sd when im done to use hekate or is a firmware update going to conflict with the out of date hekate atmoshpere patches on the other sd

deadwar421

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to figure out if i update my firmware if thats effecting my sd or the system itself id like to im essentially try to play a brand new game cartridge on an out of date switch and want to know if i can do this without updating my hekate sd by switching to a different sd and running the switch normally and updating the firmware through nintendo then switching back to the other sd when im done to use hekate or is a firmware update going to conflict with the out of date hekate atmoshpere patches on the other sd
and if this wont work how can i go about updating hekate and atmoshpere my sd is exfat not fat32 and aio sais this could cause issues

deadwar421

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my system version sais 12.0.1 AMS M.19.3 S
other then this im not sure how to check i tryed to get around auto boot and go into the hekate boot menu to check from there but oddly enough holding the minus button on the switch and the power button doesnt take me there anymore it just goes to a black screen showing charge state and volts etc. it used to though im not sure whats changed since then for this to go away.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
im trying to figure out if i update my firmware if thats effecting my sd or the system itself im essentially try to play a brand new game cartridge on an out of date switch and want to know if i can do this without updating my hekate sd by switching to a different sd and running the switch normally and updating the firmware through nintendo then switching back to the other sd when im done to use hekate or is a firmware update going to conflict with the out of date hekate atmoshpere patches on the other sd

If you update your switch firmware it is applied to the nand. Unless youve created an emunand/mmc, your sd card isnt affected.
Their is also absolutely no reason not to update your switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey