Gaming running Jpn demos

buckweed187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
after looking at the vita profile problem (i.e. profile/format/memory card etc.)

I decided to go on my Jpn account on my ps3,but a update had locked out my ip address so no vita menus on psn....

so i made a new Jpn account and downloaded some Jpn demos lastnight.

tried to connect my vita(eng account) but once i selected the demos to copy.my vita told me the games up and i can't play a demo from another account

but i'm just wondering (don't have time to look now)

if you can maybe edit the demo on a pc transfer some how then trick the vita to thinking its from the same account ?
(download a english demo and Jpn and compare data...)

not really sure why a region free handheld would stop you playing Jpn/us demos....

if anyone has time to mess around with this let me know.

also the volume on headset seems very low,can't find a setting for bluetooth devices on the system..

apart from these little things i'm loving my vita :)

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The systems aren't region locked, but the PSN accounts are. The only way to play Japanese PSN on a US vita is to format the Vita and then login to your japanese PSN account. VERY annoying... but unless Sony patches the Vita to allow for multiple PSN accounts, there is nothing anyone can do about it.

LegendarySkitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your format your Vita and use a Japanese PSN then download the demos and reformat your Vita (but not your memory stick) and use your US/European PSN then you can keep the Japanese demos and use them. It's pretty nice but you can't use Japanese DLC or downloaded games, just free stuff. It's nice having niconico on my Vita though

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your format your Vita and use a Japanese PSN then download the demos and reformat your Vita (but not your memory stick) and use your US/European PSN then you can keep the Japanese demos and use them. It's pretty nice but you can't use Japanese DLC or downloaded games, just free stuff. It's nice having niconico on my Vita though

Have you confirmed this? I was under the impression (and have had several people in the forum say) that even demos downloaded from the PSN are not compatible when you switch PSN accounts.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some demos that i remember
lord of apocalypse
katamari nobita
gravity daze
ragnarok odyssey
super star dust
tales of innocence r
sumioni
zennin shiboudesu
uncharted

LegendarySkitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Have you confirmed this? I was under the impression (and have had several people in the forum say) that even demos downloaded from the PSN are not compatible when you switch PSN accounts.

Yes I have confirmed it. I have the Japanese Gravity Daze, Dynasty Warriors Next, Kyokugen Dasshutsu Adv and Lord of Apocalypse demos on my US Vita and I have the niconico app all working while under my US PSN ID alongside US apps like Netflix

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes I have confirmed it. I have the Japanese Gravity Daze, Dynasty Warriors Next, Kyokugen Dasshutsu Adv and Lord of Apocalypse demos on my US Vita and I have the niconico app all working while under my US PSN ID alongside US apps like Netflix
Awesome, good to know (have another account setup, but wasn't willing to download demos just to have them locked when I switched back).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM