Running into 162-3006 on WiiU update.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by artisticMink, Sep 19, 2015.

1. artisticMink
    OP

artisticMink Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hello folks,

i duest-off my wiiu and i'm running into the infamous 162-3006 error during the WiiU update process. I looked it up and as far as i found out, it happens due a failing hash-check of an ios during the update process.

The next thing i did was running sysCheck, which sadly crashes at the end of the scanning process. I tracked it down to the issue that it was unable to mount the file system and write a log. I don't have any possibility to look at the log without sysCheck writing it to the sd card so that option is gone.

My question is: Without syscheck, how may i find out which ios it is, that the wiiu updater does not like? This would be cruicial before i ask a friendly person for a dump. Any help much appriciated.

2. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Well the first thing I would do is make sure you have an updated version of sysCheck and try to run that. Use the link under my post.

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If the latest SysCheck HD edition doesn't work then I'm afraid the only option is to reinstall every IOS replacing them with clean vWii ones.

4. artisticMink
    OP

artisticMink Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for the hint. Sadly i already used syscheck 2.3.2 HD.

I've made a nand backup back in the days, but i did some research and found the claim that it's mostly useless due to the issue that i can only get ios from there who are fakesigned. So my only solution would be to ask politely for a set of ios-es and restoring them one by one, am i getting it right?

5. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Yes, unfortunately. You'd have to PM somebody *hint hint* to provide them for you ;)

6. artisticMink
    OP

artisticMink Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Alright, i keep it in mind. Thanks for the support.