Running Homeburnt Wii Isos on a non Modded Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by RevvRon, Jan 9, 2009.

Jan 9, 2009
  1. RevvRon
    OP

Newcomer RevvRon Member

United States
    Ok, so I just purchased my Wii and don't feel like voiding my warranty by installing a WiiKey. I do ,however, want to be able to burn backups I made from my Wii games. I purchased an old LG drive to enable me to store my backups on my hard drive and it works great. My only problem is that when I burn the iso onto a dvd-r and insert it into my Wii, my Wii tells me there is a problem with the disc and to check my user manual. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not possible to play Wii backups on a non-modded Wii?

2. Sharpz

Member Sharpz GBAtemp Fan

United States
  3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
  4. RevvRon
    OP

Newcomer RevvRon Member

United States
    Thanks. I do have another question though. How do I know which update version I have? When I try to connect to the shop it asks me to update first. If I update to the newest version will it be 3.4.

Edit: Sorry, stupid question. I would like to know which app I need t instal to play my homeburnt isos.

5. davedeluxe

Member davedeluxe GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    go to your system menu and take a look at the up-right corner...there you find your system menu. to get shop access, install the 23.0kt fix (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945) to update the shop. you can also update to 3.4 and do a downgrade to get system menu 3.2...and then trucha discs and starfall also work.