Homebrew running homebrew apps from usb

snakepliskin2334

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone i have a question and this might have been answered already but there are so many post anyways i was wondering insted of using a sd card to run homebrew apps can you run them from a usb hard drive ? thanks again and i would like to no the steps if possible if someone can help i would really be grateful for it

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, yes, you can copy your favorite app to your usb drive, for example JzintvWii to usb:/apps/JzintvWii folder (probably not your fav homebrew). Some homebrews may have problems installed on usb but most will work.
This was answered at least a million times but I like Carpenter especially They live, a movie describing our decerebrated and servile modern era in which We live...

Drud1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tend to have problems loading homebrew apps from a Flashdrive. Your best solution is an SD card. They are pretty cheap with a 2 Gigabyte costing around 10 dollars.

Now, if you plan on using a Flashdrive as a wii game USB loader, your best solution is an 100 gigabyte external harddrive or larger. With 100 gigabytes, you can store around 23 wii games.

Hope I was of Assistance!

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I noticed that a lot of emulators have problems when they are started from usb.
They can't seem to access the usb drive themself to load their config file and roms.
scummvm and vba-gx are 2 examples of emulators having problems with that.
Reloading the ios in the emulator fixes the issue, but it requires to recompile the program.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: