Homebrew Running Homebrew 3.2u forced to update HELP!!!

davnyc44

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey wussup im new to the forum and the wii hacking homebrew stuff and i am like everybody else very paranoid to fully brick my wii so i got eveything working fine playing back up games and burned disc and using the dvd playback feature at 3.0u so i tried to pop my legit copy of ssbb in the wii but it was forcing me to update so i tried to update to 3.2u and it was successful so i attempted to play ssbb again but it is still forcing me to update it to 3.4u i believe ? is there any way to bypass this or any help please i dont wanna brick my wii thanks alot in advance.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smash Bros can't update you to 3.4, since it doesn't have the updates to do that...

You probably deleted your News/Weather channels...

davnyc44

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unsure.gif
actually i still have my news and weather thread but once i put my real copy of ssbb in the corner where it usually shows the picture or the game intro it shows me a wii and says system update when i click on it it says you must update because this game is a newer version than the software or something like that if you could help me i could take a pic and post it up to show you thanks in advance more feedback would help thanks

Posts merged

whoa i just realised im in the wrong thread too could somebody please move this to the wii homebrew applications thansk and sorry for the mishap

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While yes this is the wrong area I will actually help...... You do not have to update, there are a couple choices. Simply use usbgecko to load it and no worries. (You won't be able to get it to load through the disk channel though) or use starfall and install the patch to bypass disk update checks. Either one is a good idea the first is less risky though.

davnyc44

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkRey said:
just click that report button and someone will move this in the right section

(dont worry i already did it)

thanks for moving it to the right section and to the guy above me i will try the usbgecko and i will let you kno what happens thanks for the input

davnyc44

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i did some more research all over google not many had answers but the answer i saw sai that i can do the update and will not effect the homebrew channel in any way thanks alot for the input people great site to have if you mod your nintendo in any way

D

Deleted User

You know you could always use starfall... and wait for us to give an answer first before updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr