Hacking Running GBA

dblade48

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I'm new to the whole AceKard scene. Please be gentle!! lol

Anyways, I was wondering how to get GBA working on the AceKard 2. I've been reading and it seems I'll need a Slot 2 cart also? Or can I skip getting a slot 2 and use just my MicroSD on my slot 1?

Thanks !

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bri said:
The eWin 2in1 will also work for a slot2 GBA expansion cart, and is a bit cheaper than the EZ 3in1.

-Bri
Anyone know another store that sells the 2 in 1 other than PSXBOY? They don't stock the black one.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only other place I know is sky2k, but they apparently only have white in stock. I spray painted mine. Tape it, sand it lightly with a fine sandpaper, and use a good quality spray paint with the right finish. It worked well and the spray paint I used matches the black on the Crimson DS lite perfectly.

-Bri

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Swip said:
I guess i could get a navy blue one or do what you did . But do you know if i can use the dust cover as the shell?

I recently took both apart to do this as there are no black EWIN expansion packs to be found. What I found is that it probably could be done, but would require more modification than I had first thought. First the OEM dust cover has some weird tabs that hold it together that get in the way. The screw placement is different on each so it would have to be held together with glue/tape/etc. In the end I found that unless I wanted some hacked up and glued together case the easiest thing would be to buy a EZV 3n1 and switch cases (as these two seem to be the same case and layout.) But I can't justify buying a $20 case for my $10 ewin expansion pack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.