Running Game & Watch games on NDS ( & DS-X) ?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by JKirby, May 7, 2007.

1. JKirby
    OP

JKirby Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2006
    Hi there, and please bear with me and this noob question.

I have a NDS Lite and a DS-Xtreme, which is a nice combination of hardware indeed. I also have some way old Game & Watch handheld games, some of which are so tacky and worn, buttons not reacting etc that they are not very playable anymore.

Is there a way to play Game & Watch games on the NDS and the DS-Xtreme? I'd be happy with remakes if such exist. I am aware of the "Game & Watch Collection" for the NDS, but that only includes Oil Panic, Donkey Kong and Green House, none of which I am interested in. Well, except for Donkey Kong but that one still works fine!

Thanks for any tips [​IMG]

2. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
  3. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    I'd love it if someone did a version of Super Mario Bros (not the ones listed above) that was a really good little game got it on one of those keyrings that came out several years ago.

4. crafton48

crafton48 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2006
    there are a few G&W titles on the Gameboy I think about 4, each with a good number of G&W games on
    try looking for "game & watch: gallery"

5. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    i used to have The Zelda Game & Watch, and i still have a very old game and watch watch of super mario, but it's half broken [​IMG]

[​IMG]

picture of it, but one of the side red buttons on mine is gone so it can't be played.

6. crafton48

crafton48 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2006
    There are the game & watch keyring collection, which are smaller versions of the originals that cost about £5 each.

7. JKirby
    OP

JKirby Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2006
    Okay, thanks for all the tips.

The Game & Watch Gallery series looks like the way to go. Do I have to buy a GBA in order to play these, or does my DS-Xtreme come to the rescue? Or is the NDS compatible with GBA cartridges? I have no problem buying the games, but I would not like to buy any more consoles.

Again, sorry for the noobness, I am still quite new to NDS.

Thanks [​IMG]

8. Takeshi

Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Jun 1, 2004
    Germany
    Your DS is compatible with the original GBA cartridges only, but the GB/GBC ones may run in Goomba or Lameboy DS. The DS-X can't handle GBA ROMs, though. So you're either in need of a GBA/Slot-2 Flashcart or the original GBA cartridge(s).

9. JKirby
    OP

JKirby Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2006
    Okay, I guess I could try a (relatively) hassle-free GBA flashcart.

Any pointers to GBA flashcart lists/comparisons so I can choose a good one? I'm green.

Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice