Running Game & Watch games on NDS ( & DS-X) ?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by JKirby, May 7, 2007.

May 7, 2007
  1. JKirby
    OP

Newcomer JKirby Newbie

Czech Republic
    Hi there, and please bear with me and this noob question.

I have a NDS Lite and a DS-Xtreme, which is a nice combination of hardware indeed. I also have some way old Game & Watch handheld games, some of which are so tacky and worn, buttons not reacting etc that they are not very playable anymore.

Is there a way to play Game & Watch games on the NDS and the DS-Xtreme? I'd be happy with remakes if such exist. I am aware of the "Game & Watch Collection" for the NDS, but that only includes Oil Panic, Donkey Kong and Green House, none of which I am interested in. Well, except for Donkey Kong but that one still works fine!

Thanks for any tips [​IMG]

2. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
  3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I'd love it if someone did a version of Super Mario Bros (not the ones listed above) that was a really good little game got it on one of those keyrings that came out several years ago.

4. crafton48

Member crafton48 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    there are a few G&W titles on the Gameboy I think about 4, each with a good number of G&W games on
    try looking for "game & watch: gallery"

5. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i used to have The Zelda Game & Watch, and i still have a very old game and watch watch of super mario, but it's half broken [​IMG]

[​IMG]

picture of it, but one of the side red buttons on mine is gone so it can't be played.

6. crafton48

Member crafton48 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    There are the game & watch keyring collection, which are smaller versions of the originals that cost about £5 each.

7. JKirby
    OP

Newcomer JKirby Newbie

Czech Republic
    Okay, thanks for all the tips.

The Game & Watch Gallery series looks like the way to go. Do I have to buy a GBA in order to play these, or does my DS-Xtreme come to the rescue? Or is the NDS compatible with GBA cartridges? I have no problem buying the games, but I would not like to buy any more consoles.

Again, sorry for the noobness, I am still quite new to NDS.

Thanks [​IMG]

8. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Your DS is compatible with the original GBA cartridges only, but the GB/GBC ones may run in Goomba or Lameboy DS. The DS-X can't handle GBA ROMs, though. So you're either in need of a GBA/Slot-2 Flashcart or the original GBA cartridge(s).

9. JKirby
    OP

Newcomer JKirby Newbie

Czech Republic
    Okay, I guess I could try a (relatively) hassle-free GBA flashcart.

Any pointers to GBA flashcart lists/comparisons so I can choose a good one? I'm green.

Thanks.