Running DSLinux with a M3 Simply and M3 Perfect

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Maikel Steneker, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Maikel Steneker
    OP

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I just wanted to try DSLinux. I use it before on my M3 Lite, but at that time I didn't have much room for it on my MicroSD-card. Now I have a M3 Simply and an extra, bigger SD-card I figured: why not try it really good this time?

I know the M3 Perfect has many features that DSLinux may be able to use, like the extra RAM (32 MB is quite much, certainly when comparing it to the DS RAM of 4 MB) and SRAM (though that may not be useful). Also I would like to mount both the SD-card in my M3 Simply and the one in my M3 Lite.

But what now? I didn't read that the M3 Perfect was supported when using it's RAM (is it?) and I don't know what I should do: just ignore my M3 Simply and just boot my M3 Perfect in DS-mode, or use my M3 Simply to start DSLinux and mount the RAM (and if possible the SD-card) later? And do I need a seperate version of DSLinux to use the M3 Perfect's RAM?

I hope someone can at least answer some questions, so I know which version can use my hardware at best [​IMG] .

2. Maikel Steneker
    OP

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    OK, I will try the DLDI version on my M3 Simply. I assume it will autopatch it... It should do that [​IMG] I'll just try retaqw. If it crashes, it doesn't use the M3 Perfect RAM I guess...

Edit: I mean this one: http://kineox.free.fr/DS/dslinux-dldi.tgz