Hacking Running channels off of an SD Card

idane

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Does anyone know if there's a way to run channels off an SD card (in v4.0) ? This could come in very useful, especially with the USB loader - imagine having USB loader wads for all your games on an SD card (which are dirt cheap nowadays), and once selected from the SD, they'd activate the disc image on the HDD...

Anyone know if possible/if anyone's working on anything like this?

D

Deleted-155240

Isn't that exactly one of the great features in 4.0? As far as I know, it should be possible to run custommade channels off your SD card if you have IOS60 installed.

Have I mistaken anything?

Dovla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'd love to be able to have this as well since the wii menu doesn't have enough channels to store all the games I have on the USB, could someone please tell us more about what exactly needs to be done...right now I have waninkoko's 4.0 update and wads don't work from the SD card, I just get a "failed to launch" message...is there a specific IOS I need to install?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah. You need to have the patched IOS60 but you say you've already done that. Then you need to actually have installed the channel to your Wii and then move it to the SD Card using the system menu.

Dovla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
ah thank you, it seems to be working now, I just needed to install the IOS60 and now I can run the wad's off the sd card...I find this to be a much better solution than running the USB loader

thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.