Hacking Running CFW want to install larger hard drive

pdaboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've successfully managed to install the cfw onto my slim 160gb ps3 but now I've done that I think 160gb is not large enough. I've got a 1TB drive I could put into it but unsure of what I need to do to get it running.
Can I install it and just install rebug onto it or do I need to recover ofw first and then re-exploit it and install cfw?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
no, you install it and then install the cfw again
at least this was the process in my fat ps3
you might want to just run it off usb maybe, i found the process of external drive more easy and faster

Reactions: pdaboy

pdaboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no, you install it and then install the cfw again
at least this was the process in my fat ps3
you might want to just run it off usb maybe, i found the process of external drive more easy and faster
Might have to try that. Did read about a Debug for Exchange HDD Utility but its not showing on my console.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes scrolling through the menus it is missing.
If you have the QA flag enabled, you can scroll down to network settings (don't click on it), then press all the shoulder buttons + L3 + down arrow to get the debug menu on original and CFWs that don't have it always enabled...

But there's already an official way - using the official backup tool to copy the internal disk to a 3rd one, swapping them, and copying back; I don't know how or if there's any difference with the debug one...

pdaboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure? It didn't get enabled the first time I tried either. If it's enabled (and you're not on Rebug or other cfw that shows debug stiings all the time) the key combo shall work
Cant check now as did it manually. Did read that the hard drive clone can take 6 or 7 hours to complete so doing it manually is a lot quicker as I didnt have anything on the original drive.

Edit - Looking at it on the new hard drive the option is there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr