Hacking Question Running CFW on Sysnand. Want to switch to Emunand+Clean sysnand

GothicIII

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I was using SXOS with AutoRCM on Sysnand since it came out. I used later incognito to invalidate my PRODINFO so I can connect to my local network for FTP/whatever.
Today I switched to atmosphere.
Was a very easy process as soon as I realized that RCM payloads blackscreen on me if I use the SDCard with too many files on root directory.
Now I am on current Atmosphere with sigpatches and fw12.0.2

Now my goal is to move my Sysnand to Emunand and restore my Sysnand to fw4.1.0, upgrade it to 12.0.2 and let it be clean to go online/buy stuff with it.
While the former is no issue I lack kind of information for the latter.

1. I just checked my fuse count and it stands at 5 - 0, which means it matches fw 4.1.0 (?)
1a). If fuse count does not match and I can't boot OFW, how do I upgrade the console without beeing flagged by nintendo? The gc slot is upgraded that means no firmware update over gamecard for me.
2. I've got backups of my Rawnand and BOOT0/1 and pkg1/2. Is it enough to restore the Rawnand to get OFW working?
3. Is it possible to still use AutoRCM? Or should I avoid it at all costs so the console does not get flagged?
4. Can I use Incognito_RCM to patch PRODINFO from EmuMMC for save online usage?
4a) Or does PRODINFO always gets read from NAND? If so, how do I protect the console from beeing flagged?
5) Are there other precautions neccessary so I don't get banned?

Thank you very much for your time.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea fuse count 5 is for firmware 4.0.0 to 4.1.0 so you should be able to restore it, if it that 4.1.0 NAND backup is clean then you can go back online if not you would probably get a banned. As for your save you make an Emunand and backup your save with JKSV/Checkpoint and inject them over.

GothicIII

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Puh. After I had to move much data around (400GB) I managed to pull it off!

I must admit it was scary. After I was done Emunand was working (with all the stuff I had previously on Sysnand), Incognito was enabled. Sysnand did not boot and I got an error that pkg2 decryption failed.

I thought everything was in the rawnand.bin but I guess thats not true.
After wasting a hour with it on google with misleading stuff like "the console is forever a brick" I find out that pkg1/2 reside inside the BOOT1/2 files. Why is it not mentioned anywhere? I restored the BOOT1/BOOT2 files I backuped so long ago and the SYSNAND boots again :)

I hope that when I update it that the console is still good to go for online gaming. I'll edit if I get banned the next days/weeks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puh. After I had to move much data around (400GB) I managed to pull it off!

I must admit it was scary. After I was done Emunand was working (with all the stuff I had previously on Sysnand), Incognito was enabled. Sysnand did not boot and I got an error that pkg2 decryption failed.

I thought everything was in the rawnand.bin but I guess thats not true.
After wasting a hour with it on google with misleading stuff like "the console is forever a brick" I find out that pkg1/2 reside inside the BOOT1/2 files. Why is it not mentioned anywhere? I restored the BOOT1/BOOT2 files I backuped so long ago and the SYSNAND boots again :)

I hope that when I update it that the console is still good to go for online gaming. I'll edit if I get banned the next days/weeks.
Most, if not all, guides mention that a complete eMMC backup requires both the eMMC raw GPP and BOOT0/BOOT1.

GothicIII

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Most, if not all, guides mention that a complete eMMC backup requires both the eMMC raw GPP and BOOT0/BOOT1.

Thats true. But they don't refer to pkg2 decryption problems if you don't do this.
Just google the error from hekate. You won't get "just flash boot0/1 and you are good to go" as an answer.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats true. But they don't refer to pkg2 decryption problems if you don't do this.
Just google the error from hekate. You won't get "just flash boot0/1 and you are good to go" as an answer.
That's because its not a common issue. You aren't supposed to perform an eMMC restoration without BOOT0/BOOT1 unless the firmware hasn't changed.

snow_box

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any updates on going online on sysnand? Any issues/bans or can you safely assume that your sysnand is clean now. I'm about to do the same thing with my setup.

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any updates on going online on sysnand? Any issues/bans or can you safely assume that your sysnand is clean now. I'm about to do the same thing with my setup.
perfectly safe. people who pirate dont tell the truth about their switch being banned. You can use homebrew like JKSV to dump and restore your saves. Install themes as well and you wont be banned for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?