Running Browser wih R4 DS

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by wild03, Feb 19, 2007.

1. wild03
    OP

wild03 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2007
    United States
    Hi All, I'm new to the DS, I tried searching for the answer and spent several hours reading the forum.
    Keep up the good work.

I ordered a DS lite and a R4 DS. I'm interested in browsing the internet with it. just for kicks.

I read that extra memory is required. I also read of a patch. Is the patch to avoid the extra memory?
    I know that there's a company that has a 3 in 1 solution, but I like challenges and working with what I have.

R4 and DS Lite.

I also read about DSLinux, can this be a browsing alternative?

BTW, I'm on the US, so far I've only heard of Japanese and European versions of Opera. true? Will there be a US release?

Just looking for my options, Thanks a lot.

2. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    You need a slot 2 card that can play GBA games.....either Supercard or M3, depending on which patched version of Opera you use.

3. wild03
    OP

wild03 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2007
    United States
    I see, How about Linux? has anybody been able to run it with the R4?

SO far I heard of the following browsers but Not sure If they will work with the R4

http://okiwi.blogspot.com

http://gnirfleo.blogspot.com

Any comments?

4. R-Unit 4

R-Unit 4 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2007
    There will be a US launch...trust me...March sometime maybe...and dslinux's retawq or links browser works.

5. wild03
    OP

wild03 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2007
    United States
    Thanks a lot, I jumped into the R4 without realizing that homebrew support is not as extensive as with slot 2 devices, maybe in the near future more apps will become available!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice