Emulation Running Boktai 2 and 3 on EZflash IV

Archangel12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible? So far I've had no luck, I only get white screens after attempting to load them. Any help would be appreciated as I've seen in random topics that people are able to run them.

Unrelated I also get the same white screen on Pokemon hacks such as Pokemon Ash Gray and Lightning Yellow. Is it a patched game thing? Because I'm able to run Boktai 1 with the solar patch just fine.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try to SRAM patch them using GBATA
smile.gif

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It depends on... do you know how to transfer roms? You´ve got to use EZ Client, otherwise, no roms will work.

Also, make sure you download a EZClient with updated romlist as client without any updated list won´t recognize any roms and might cause save garbage.

here:

http://filetrip.net/f4753-EZ4-Client-2009-04-03.html

Steps:

1. Unzip in any folder.

2. Run "updatelist.bat" BEFORE you run the client.

3. Run EZclient and choose (of course you´ve got flashcart´s microsd plugged) the Micro SD letter.

; )

Archangel12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I mean I know that much, all my other games run just fine, and so does Mother 3 that I just saved to NOR. But I mainly bought the cart to specifically run Boktai games and Pokemon hacks, and I'm having trouble running exactly that lol.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Archangel12 said:
No I mean I know that much, all my other games run just fine, and so does Mother 3 that I just saved to NOR. But I mainly bought the cart to specifically run Boktai games and Pokemon hacks, and I'm having trouble running exactly that lol.

Try that, then you post some results.

lol ( ? )

Archangel12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, try what there pal?

You mean what you posted? The exact thing that I've already done, and posted the previous results?

My previous post was telling you that all of that has already been done, the games still won't run.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yes try that. You should be at least thankful as we´re "trying" to help "you".

However that doesn´t matter. Pretty weird patches won´t work, it may be a kernel issue.

Then try switching olders kernels. On EZflash IV newer kernel improves NDS compatibility but degrades GBA´s.

I don´t really remember but EZ4 kernel 1.6 actually seemed the best one for me, as i could run games such yoshi´s island and super mario bros 3 (MA:4) while other versions couldn´t.

pd: i´ve been looking for some kernels but i can´t find them for now.

I´ve got backups of them anyway so if you´re still interested i can mp them

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Boktai had a solar sensor if memory serves, while the patching DLL does have a fix for the first two in (hangover from the EZ1-3) it was not implemented into the EZ4client.

Long story short some extra patches are needed beyond the usual save:
http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/bubbz/?syst...p;section=patch (first and second game)
http://s4.zetaboards.com/BoktaiOnline/topic/426993/1/ (translation and patches for the third).

Once you have those in there run it through EZ4client (any version should work).

As Coto says you might also want to drop down in loader versions, for the EZ4 lite and original versions (not lite compact and lite deluxe) the http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/EZ4loader060906.zip is pretty good (you will however lose the ability to stick a GBA game on the NOR and have a DS rom (run from the EZ4) detect it.

@Coto if you are having trouble with super mario try 8:3 naming.

Archangel12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never said I wasn't thankful, never even implied it, those are just things you practically have to do to get started, and I was trying to say that I'd obviously been using the client, as the games wouldn't have worked otherwise.

So far I've had Boktai 1 with the solar patch work fine, Tales of the World 3 with english patch work fine, Mother 3 with english patch work fine, and I'm just puzzled as to why Boktai 2 and 3 just gives me a white screen. As of right now I'm using the exact kernel that you linked me to, as that's the most up to date one I can find.

I suppose an older kernel might actually assist me as I have no need for DS support with this, so if you have the files then I'd greatly appreciate them.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
FAST6191 said:
Boktai had a solar sensor if memory serves, while the patching DLL does have a fix for the first two in (hangover from the EZ1-3) it was not implemented into the EZ4client.

Long story short some extra patches are needed beyond the usual save:
http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/bubbz/?syst...p;section=patch (first and second game)
http://s4.zetaboards.com/BoktaiOnline/topic/426993/1/ (translation and patches for the third).

Once you have those in there run it through EZ4client (any version should work).

As Coto says you might also want to drop down in loader versions, for the EZ4 lite and original versions (not lite compact and lite deluxe) the http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/EZ4loader060906.zip is pretty good (you will however lose the ability to stick a GBA game on the NOR and have a DS rom (run from the EZ4) detect it.

@Coto if you are having trouble with super mario try 8:3 naming.

Yep FAST, first i want to congratulate you for the whole job you´ve been doing here, you´re one of those who LOVES to help others =).

Ehm, yep, but 8+3 format didn´t work either (i don´t own EZ4 anymore) so a temporal workaround for this was to burn rom to NOR then i could run everything fine, then after months of investigating I found that downgrading kernel was my answer.

BTW, archangel no problems =) peace , and as soon as i get my bro´s sd (where are kernels being stored), i´m sending MP to you.

AND it´s always a good deal to have firmware in root of SD card, because sometimes EZ4 (at least mine) ran in corrupting because of bad save game or random problems and ´d corrupt firmware, meaning blank screens and whatsoever. This way, when you turn on console and keep pressing L (or R, i don´t remember) you could easily restore firmware.

Archangel12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't get it Fast, I had all of my games pre-patched from the get go, they worked on VBA and the PSP emulator, but after applying the ones in the link, all of a sudden they work. I greatly appreciate the assistance guys.

*High fives Coto and Fast

And if you manage to find the 1.6 kernel feel free to send it to me, that might be my answer to my Pokemon hack problems(though chances are, they just won't run lol).

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Archangel12 said:
I really don't get it Fast, I had all of my games pre-patched from the get go, they worked on VBA and the PSP emulator, but after applying the ones in the link, all of a sudden they work. I greatly appreciate the assistance guys.

*High fives Coto and Fast

And if you manage to find the 1.6 kernel feel free to send it to me, that might be my answer to my Pokemon hack problems(though chances are, they just won't run lol).

Well.. As I promised:

Here:

EZ-FLASH IV 1.6 KERNEL

http://www.mediafire.com/?iddhamiihzf

TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SOME GBA COMPATABILITY ISSUE WITH EZ-FLASH IV, YOU MIGHT TRY THIS. Will fix mostly GBA Compatability problems which even EZ_Client can´t fix.

However the more GBA Games are supported, the less NDS Games will be. Due to fixes

USAGE:

Unzip ezfla_up.bin in root of SD, then while you´re turning on GBA/DS system, keep R button pressed. A black update screen will appear with a percentage number upgrading firmware. When it´s done just turn game console off and enjoy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics...