Tutorial  Updated

Running Atmosphere on Patched SX Core Switch

Running Atmosphere on Patched Sx Core/HWFY Consoles (Erista, Mariko) is actually possible. You can use the Homebrew that aren't compatible with SX OS. (You can't use SX OS anyways.)
WARNING
1- I do not take responsibility for what happens to your switch!
2- Don't enable AutoRCM!
3- There might be issues on installation in Marikos.
4- DO NOT use this guide to downgrade your SysNAND.

REQUIREMENTS: Latest Hekate, Latest Atmosphere with fusee, and you may need 30gb free space on your sd, check the 2nd Part.

PART 1: BASIC SETUP
There are 2 methods that you can follow during this process. "Spacecraft-NX Method" requires you to open the back of your Switch and when you follow this method you won't be able to boot to SX OS. I would recommend the "Clean Up Method" since it is both easier to do and gives you the same end result as Spacecraft without all the hassle of flashing the chip. Aditionally, before trying any of these methods you may want to back up your save data on your emuNAND via JKSV or Checkpoint.

Step 1: Extract and copy downloaded files to your Switch's Micro SD card. Copy fusee to \bootloader\payloads and rename hekate bin file to "payload.bin". Also download hekate ipl from this thread remove the .txt extension from it by renaming the file, then and copy it to /bootloader/.
Step 2: Download sx gear boot.dat from the here, don't copy it to SD Card yet.
Step 3: Put Micro sd card back to Switch and boot it up while holding +.
Step 4: Choose Options, click Sx Core, and than cleanup.
Step 5: Press Payloads, launch Hekate.
Step 6: Set your date, time.
Step 7: Launch CFW EmuMMC (Make sure you have an emuNAND first, see Part 2 of the guide.) [Take precautions for not getting banned like setting up 90DNS or by simply closing your modem for now.]
Step 8: Close your Switch and insert SD Card to PC.
Step 9: Delete the existing boot.dat file in the SD and copy over the SX Gear boot.dat and boot.ini.
Step 10: Download the latest sigpatches and copy them.
Step 11: Now you can boot via Launch EmuMMC without the need of CleanUp.

(The new clean up method is from Switchway discord server.)
You should follow this guide to install Spacecraft-NX to your modchip. After that you should download Hekate and Atmosphere files to your SD Card. Rename hekate bin to payload.bin.

PART 1: SETUP
There are 2 methods that you can follow in here. First one requires to open up your Switch's back plate and get your modchip to debug mode. The second one will be done via SD Card. I would recommend the second method. Aditionally, before trying any of these methods you may want to back up your save data on your emuNAND via JKSV or Checkpoint.
PART 1.A:
You should follow this guide to install Spacecraft-NX to your modchip. After that you should download Hekate and Atmosphere files to your SD Card. Rename hekate bin to payload.bin .

PART 1.B:
1- You need to have an EmuMMC to do this method. Create one if you don't have it already.

2- If you haven't configured a wifi protection for your EmuNAND (90DNS, Incognito) then turn off your router after the 3rd step.

3- If you updated via ChoiDujourNX on your emuNAND then you have to either get a donor boot0/boot1 or backup your sysNAND boot0/boot1 and then restore it via NxNandManager or EMUtool (if you're using a partition based emuNAND) or simply replace the files in your sxos/emunand/ folder (if you're using a file based emuNAND). This is because your ChoiDuJourNX corrupts your boot0/boot1 and will prevent you from being able to boot into emuNAND on Atmosphere.
Hekate also has this function for emuNAND. If you use that, please be sure you're NOT flashing sysNAND!

Step 1: Download SX Gear (can be found on SX Portal), Latest Hekate and latest atmosphere (fusee too). (If the SX Site is down then you can get SX Gear from the SX Discord Server.)
Step 2: Extract downloaded archives to your SD Card.
Step 3: Create a file called hekate_ipl.ini in the /bootloader/ folder and copy this code inside to it:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1

[Stock sysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Step 4: Rename hekate bin to payload.bin.
Step 5: Create a file called exosphere.ini in the SD Card's root and paste this code inside it:

# Key: debugmode, default: 1.
# Desc: Controls whether kernel is debug mode.
# Disabling this may break Atmosphere's debugger in a future release.

# Key: debugmode_user, default: 0.
# Desc: Controls whether userland is debug mode.

# Key: disable_user_exception_handlers, default: 0.
# Desc: Controls whether user exception handlers are executed on error.
# NOTE: This will cause atmosphere to not fail gracefully.
# Support may not be provided to users tho disable these.
# If you do not know what you are doing, leave them on.

# Key: enable_user_pmu_access, default: 0.
# Desc: Controls whether userland has access to the PMU registers.
# NOTE: It is unknown what effects this has on official code.

# Key: blank_prodinfo_sysmmc, default: 0.
# Desc: Controls whether PRODINFO should be blanked in sysmmc.
# This will cause the system to see dummied out keys and
# serial number information.
# NOTE: This is not known to be safe, as data may be
# cached elsewhere in the system. Usage is not encouraged.

# Key: blank_prodinfo_emummc, default: 0.
# Desc: Controls whether PRODINFO should be blanked in emummc.
# NOTE: This is not known to be safe, as data may be
# cached elsewhere in the system. Usage is not encouraged.

# Key: allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc, default: 0.
# Desc: Controls whether PRODINFO can be written by homebrew in sysmmc.
# NOTE: Usage of this setting is strongly discouraged without
# a safe backup elsewhere. Turning this on will also cause Atmosphere
# to ensure a safe backup of calibration data is stored in unused
# mmc space, encrypted to prevent detection. This backup can be used
# to prevent unrecoverable edits in emergencies.

# Key: log_port, default: 0.
# Desc: Controls what uart port exosphere will set up for logging.
# NOTE: 0 = UART-A, 1 = UART-B, 2 = UART-C, 3 = UART-D

# Key: log_baud_rate, default: 115200
# Desc: Controls the baud rate exosphere will set up for logging.
# NOTE: 0 is treated as equivalent to 115200.

# Key: log_inverted, default: 0.
# Desc: Controls whether the logging uart port is inverted.

[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

Step 6: Put the SD Card back to the Switch and you'll boot into Hekate.

Step 7: Select emuMMC in the main menu, then select Migrate emuMMC and finally select Emunand.

Step 8: Once the process is done, choose Close.

Step 9: Click on Launch and then Atmosphere CFW. If you would need to boot into SysNAND without cfw, you need to choose Stock SysNAND from Launch Options.

DONE (You don't need to follow Part 2: EmuNAND Setup)

If you would like to install sigpatches than you should change the hekate_ipl.ini like this:
#kip1patch=nosigchk changed to kip1patch=nosigchk

(This part of the guide has been adapted)

PART 2: EMUNAND SETUP
You have 2 options in here. If you already have an EmuNAND on SX OS as hidden partition follow " USING THE SAME EMUMMC ON BOTH CFWs", if not follow the other part. You shouldn't do both of them.

Step 1: Close your switch and take your sd back to pc.
Step 2: Create a folder called EmuMMC and than create a text file named emummc.txt.
Step 3: Copy this to text to file and then save it.
Code:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2
path=emuMMC/ER00
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=Emutendo
Step 4: Enable see file extensions for Windows.
Step 5: Rename the file to emummc.ini .
Step 6: EmuMMC is now ready. You can run from EmuNAND, by clicking Launch and then "CFW EmuMMC " on Hekate.
You should have 30gb space for EmuNAND on micro sd card(You can use another sd card too, make sure to copy boot.dat , license files, hbmenu.nro and all the files that we downloaded to new sd).

Step 1: Click emuMMC and than create emunand as partition.
Step 2: Go back to menu, press Launch and than CFW emuMMC.

DONE! Now you can use the sys-mods or hb apps that aren't compatible with SX OS!

NOTE: It may take some time to boot up after restarts, it's normal.
NOTE 2: If you are going to download sigpatches you should use these (NOT for fusee).
IF YOU WEREN'T ABLE TO BOOT:
A. If your Switch Stuck at Switch Logo During Boot (Mariko):
- Try deleting exosphere.ini and try booting up your switch. Turn off your router in case of a ban.
B. Try Fusee:
1- Boot into Hekate again.
2- Click Payloads and then choose fusee. See if it works now.
THIS SHOULD BE DONE ON EVERY BOOT INTO ATMOSPHERE.

Attachments

• hekate_ipl.ini.txt
    359 bytes · Views: 345
Last edited by GCS,

OriginalCopycat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hekate also has this function for emuNAND. If you use that, please be sure you're NOT flashing sysNAND!

@GCS Could you please explain what you mean? I corrupted my emuNAND Boot0/1 using Choi, but have only ever done OTA upgrades of sysNAND, so I believe those are ok.

I think what you're saying is that if I boot into Hekate (via payload.bin using SX Tools) and Click Tools->Backup eMMC->eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1, that this is an acceptable method to obtain my clean Boot0/1 files?

If so, how do I then restore those over the top of my EmuNAND ones that Choidujour corrupted?

I don't have full keys, and don't know of any method to obtain them, apart from flashing SX Core with Spacecraft, which I don't want to do. Launching Lockpick_RCM from Hekate doesn't yield full keys and neither does HB Lockpick. You don't mention a requirement for keys in the guide, but doesn't NXNANDMANAGER require these for a restore?

Thanks!

My Setup: Mariko Switch + SX CORE (FW 1.3). SXOS 3.05. FAT32 EmuNAND (hidden partition), CFW 10.2 (Choi updated), OFW 10.2 (OTA updated).

Last edited by OriginalCopycat,

GCS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Yeah your sysnand should be clean, use hekate to back up from sysnand and restoee it on emunand if you used choi before on emunand.

OriginalCopycat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah your sysnand should be clean, use hekate to back up from sysnand and restoee it on emunand if you used choi before on emunand.

@GCS Thanks for replying - I'm just nervous about doing it wrong, so do I backup exactly like I said in my post? (Tools->Backup eMMC->eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1)?

How do I then restore it - bearing in mind I'm using an SX created EmuNAND? I don't want to lose my emuNAND.

Last edited by OriginalCopycat,

Pacpun

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The emunand migration method:
If I skip step 7 (select emuMMC in the main menu, then select Migrate emuMMC and finally select Emunand.) and do step 9 (launch -> atmosphere cfw) right away, that means atmo will launch on sysnand? Will this affect the sysnand flagging and cause a ban in the near future?

Edit
I found this information on the rentry site: If you use EmuNAND and you accidentally boot into your SysNAND while using CFW, you will not get banned. Simply booting into SysNAND with CFW will not get you banned.
But what if I didn't have EmuNAND before that accidental boot (Airplane mode was on, I didn't install anything and I didn't connect to the network. Exosphere and DNS MITM were also configured)? :unsure:

Last edited by Pacpun,

AlexanderShiramoto

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Okay so my console is Mariko. My Emunand is Sx OS 3.1.0 and I updated my Sysnand to 12.0.3 (Stupid I know). So I cant boot to OFW or CFW unless using Genuine Boot. Now I searched online and a lot of people are saying that I should migrate to Atmosphere. Now will using this method works?

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Okay so my console is Mariko. My Emunand is Sx OS 3.1.0 and I updated my Sysnand to 12.0.3 (Stupid I know). So I cant boot to OFW or CFW unless using Genuine Boot. Now I searched online and a lot of people are saying that I should migrate to Atmosphere. Now will using this method works?
Not quite. The payloads changed with 1.0.0, so there's differences already.

Follow this guide: https://rentry.org/mys8q

But put the following in for the Atmoshpere CFW section in hekate_ipl.ini instead of what's in the guide:

fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

Worked for me.

AlexanderShiramoto

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Not quite. The payloads changed with 1.0.0, so there's differences already.

Follow this guide:

But put the following in for the Atmoshpere CFW section in hekate_ipl.ini instead of what's in the guide:

fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

Worked for me.

Due to me being afraid to messed up my data on the SD card or even the switch itself. I decided to buy a new SD card and setup Atmosphere there instead. I followed your advice but I used the "How to set up emuNAND with Atmosphere on Mariko" guide instead and change the hekate_ipl.ini file like you said and it works perfectly. I cant thank you enough seriously. You really saved my Switch.

And on another note, Is there anyway to convert my saved files so it can be used on Atmosphere? or do I have no choice but to start fresh?

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
If you set up a new EmuNAND then you're starting fresh, and you could use apps like Checkpoint to back your saves up and move them between SD cards, I guess, but the guide I linked takes care of all of that for you - everything carries over as if nothing happened (though if you're using mods you need to move them to a new path since Atmosphere uses a different path, but that's it). That's the difference between migrating and creating a new EmuNAND.

An easier way would be to clone your SXOS EmuNAND to your new SD card and migrate to Atmosphere on the clone - if anything goes wrong you can go back to your old setup, but if you succeeded with setting up a new EmuNAND it's unlikely you'll run into issues with migrating - it's pretty much the same process, except you're pointing to your existing EmuNAND in Hekate, instead of creating a new one.

If you want to back up or copy your hidden partition you can use this tool: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/

ijoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you set up a new EmuNAND then you're starting fresh, and you could use apps like Checkpoint to back your saves up and move them between SD cards, I guess, but the guide I linked takes care of all of that for you - everything carries over as if nothing happened (though if you're using mods you need to move them to a new path since Atmosphere uses a different path, but that's it). That's the difference between migrating and creating a new EmuNAND.

An easier way would be to clone your SXOS EmuNAND to your new SD card and migrate to Atmosphere on the clone - if anything goes wrong you can go back to your old setup, but if you succeeded with setting up a new EmuNAND it's unlikely you'll run into issues with migrating - it's pretty much the same process, except you're pointing to your existing EmuNAND in Hekate, instead of creating a new one.

If you want to back up or copy your hidden partition you can use this tool: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/
Hi
I'm using HWFly chip and using tutorial from https://rentry.org/mys8q

I tried all the steps but still boot into OFW
This switch was hacked by my friend's father before, but it was accidentally updated to OFW 13.1.0
Since that, it always boot into OFW without any other option

Any help?

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Hi
I'm using HWFly chip and using tutorial from https://rentry.org/mys8q

I tried all the steps but still boot into OFW
This switch was hacked by my friend's father before, but it was accidentally updated to OFW 13.1.0
Since that, it always boot into OFW without any other option

Any help?
As far as that guide itself is concerned look a few posts above for the correct config - the guide is incomplete regarding that one bit, which is why, I'm guessing, it's booting into OFW even if you select CFW.

Once you put that in the ini instead of what's in the guide you should be able to boot into CFW. That's assuming you don't need to do anything else because of HWFly - that I don't know.

ijoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
As far as that guide itself is concerned look a few posts above for the correct config - the guide is incomplete regarding that one bit, which is why, I'm guessing, it's booting into OFW even if you select CFW.

Once you put that in the ini instead of what's in the guide you should be able to boot into CFW. That's assuming you don't need to do anything else because of HWFly - that I don't know.
There is no cfw or ofw option
It just boot directly to ofw
I already follow the config from posts above 😔

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question, if you please can help me. To help my friend:

-He just bought a v2 switch with modchip (whfly or something like that). Does not know how to update atmosphere, neither Do I. Well, atmosphere is easy, jut put in the sd card.
-Atmosphere requires that you update payload too. For me, I put in my dongle, easy. In his case, i don't know how the payload works.

When boot, switch has deepsea, apparently. then emunand:
1638751119962.png

Now games are working fine, but we need to know the process to update when needed.

w0nd3rb0yfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question, if you please can help me. To help my friend:

-He just bought a v2 switch with modchip (whfly or something like that). Does not know how to update atmosphere, neither Do I. Well, atmosphere is easy, jut put in the sd card.
-Atmosphere requires that you update payload too. For me, I put in my dongle, easy. In his case, i don't know how the payload works.

When boot, switch has deepsea, apparently. then emunand:
View attachment 288454

Now games are working fine, but we need to know the process to update when needed.
Download the latest version of Deepsea from Github.
Or assemble manually, following the guides already provided.
Recent guides fully support consoles with modchips.

tomtomp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a question about dual-booting SX OS and Atmosphere.
The current situation:
  • I have v2 (Mariko) Switch Lite with SX Lite installed.
  • I have already working SD card with hidden partitions for both the SX OS and Atmosphere.
  • I can boot into SX OS when I use the 3.1.0 version of boot.dat.
  • I can also boot into Atmosphere, when I use SX gear -> hekate_ctcaer_5.6.5.bin (payload)
Now, I would like to have a single way of booting both SX and AMS. However, this is where the
problems start.
  • Booting into AMS through SX 3.1.0 boot.dat doesn't work, since the BEK is wiped
  • Booting into SX OS through SX Gear -> Hekate also doesn't seem to work. The sxos.bin (payload) just resets the console and it boots back into Hekate.
  • I can select SX <-> AMS by changing the "boot.dat" (SX 3.1.0 <-> SX Gear), but this is quite cumbersome.
My question is this: Is it possible to boot into both SX OS and AMS through either the SX bootloader or Hekate?

GCS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello, I have a question about dual-booting SX OS and Atmosphere.
The current situation:
  • I have v2 (Mariko) Switch Lite with SX Lite installed.
  • I have already working SD card with hidden partitions for both the SX OS and Atmosphere.
  • I can boot into SX OS when I use the 3.1.0 version of boot.dat.
  • I can also boot into Atmosphere, when I use SX gear -> hekate_ctcaer_5.6.5.bin (payload)
Now, I would like to have a single way of booting both SX and AMS. However, this is where the
problems start.
  • Booting into AMS through SX 3.1.0 boot.dat doesn't work, since the BEK is wiped
  • Booting into SX OS through SX Gear -> Hekate also doesn't seem to work. The sxos.bin (payload) just resets the console and it boots back into Hekate.
  • I can select SX <-> AMS by changing the "boot.dat" (SX 3.1.0 <-> SX Gear), but this is quite cumbersome.
My question is this: Is it possible to boot into both SX OS and AMS through either the SX bootloader or Hekate?
nope afaik you cannot do that. I would recommend not using sx os anyways.

Reactions: tomtomp

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Uhm @GCS, sorry for necroposting but...

For chip users like me,
Is there a difference between hekate launched using 3.1.0 (w/ Cleanup) & SX Gear v1.1 hekate when:
- making emuMMC
- backing up & restoring (to factory, maybe)

I've noticed that the CAL0 Info stuff & Lockpick_RCM only really started working when launching hekate through SX Gear's boot.dat compared to SXOS_beta_v3.1.0's boot.dat (spent hours trying to figure out why CAL0 and the keyblob 0-5 stuff was "corrupted" for some reason)

update: used the correct keys to extract PRODINFO->SAFE partitions, and between the Gear hekate, Cleanup hekate, & SX OS Backups. The checksums for PRODINFO, PRODINFOF, & SAFE all match. That means it's the exact same thing right? (weirdly enough, SX OS's 6 BCPKG2 bins were just 0Kb for some reason, I wonder if it had something to do with me backing it up without pressing Clean Up first)

Also, the boot#.bin files, (I did another backup of those on SX's menu after pressing Cleanup this time)
What I found was:

hekate (SX cleanup)​

SX backup (cleanup)​

hekate (SX Gear)​

SX backup (forgot cleanup)​
boot0.bin or BOOT0
different checksum
(same contents #1)​

different checksum
(same contents #1)​

different checksum
(same contents #2)​

different checksum
(same contents #2)​
boot1.bin or BOOT1
same checksum​

same checksum​

same checksum​

same checksum​

update 2:
Wait, now looking at this... Is this why you first do the Cleanup thing here for step 6&7 before using SX Gear's boot.dat?
in this guide, I mean:
Step 1: Extract and copy downloaded files to your Switch's Micro SD card. Copy fusee-primary to \bootloader\payloads and rename hekate bin file to "payload.bin". Also download hekate ipl from this thread remove the .txt extension from it by renaming the file, then and copy it to /bootloader/.
Step 2: Download sx gear boot.dat from the sx portal, don't copy it to SD Card yet.
Step 3: Put Micro sd card back to Switch and boot it up while holding +.
Step 4: Choose Options, click Sx Core, and than cleanup.
Step 5: Press Payloads, launch Hekate.
Step 6: Set your date, time.
Step 7: Launch CFW EmuMMC (Make sure you have an emuNAND first, see Part 2 of the guide.) [Take precautions for not getting banned like setting up 90DNS or by simply closing your modem for now.]
Step 8: Close your Switch and insert SD Card to PC.
Step 9: Delete the existing boot.dat file in the SD and copy over the SX Gear boot.dat and boot.ini.
Step 10: Download the latest sigpatches and copy them.
Step 11: Now you can boot via Launch EmuMMC without the need of CleanUp.

(The new clean up method is from Switchway discord server.)

Last edited by Allen-R,

GCS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Uhm @GCS, sorry for necroposting but...

For chip users like me,
Is there a difference between hekate launched using 3.1.0 (w/ Cleanup) & SX Gear v1.1 hekate when:
- making emuMMC
- backing up & restoring (to factory, maybe)

I've noticed that the CAL0 Info stuff & Lockpick_RCM only really started working when launching hekate through SX Gear's boot.dat compared to SXOS_beta_v3.1.0's boot.dat (spent hours trying to figure out why CAL0 and the keyblob 0-5 stuff was "corrupted" for some reason)

update: used the correct keys to extract PRODINFO->SAFE partitions, and between the Gear hekate, Cleanup hekate, & SX OS Backups. The checksums for PRODINFO, PRODINFOF, & SAFE all match. That means it's the exact same thing right? (weirdly enough, SX OS's 6 BCPKG2 bins were just 0Kb for some reason, I wonder if it had something to do with me backing it up without pressing Clean Up first)

Also, the boot#.bin files, (I did another backup of those on SX's menu after pressing Cleanup this time)
What I found was:

hekate (SX cleanup)​

SX backup (cleanup)​

hekate (SX Gear)​

SX backup (forgot cleanup)​
boot0.bin or BOOT0
different checksum
(same contents #1)​

different checksum
(same contents #1)​

different checksum
(same contents #2)​

different checksum
(same contents #2)​
boot1.bin or BOOT1
same checksum​

same checksum​

same checksum​

same checksum​

update 2:
Wait, now looking at this... Is this why you first do the Cleanup thing here for step 6&7 before using SX Gear's boot.dat?
in this guide, I mean:
there is no difference between them, as you said on your update 2 as well. sx gear just saves you time

Reactions: Allen-R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hammer the threads