• Replies 333
  • Likes 22

OriginalCopycat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hekate also has this function for emuNAND. If you use that, please be sure you're NOT flashing sysNAND!

@GCS Could you please explain what you mean? I corrupted my emuNAND Boot0/1 using Choi, but have only ever done OTA upgrades of sysNAND, so I believe those are ok.

I think what you're saying is that if I boot into Hekate (via payload.bin using SX Tools) and Click Tools->Backup eMMC->eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1, that this is an acceptable method to obtain my clean Boot0/1 files?

If so, how do I then restore those over the top of my EmuNAND ones that Choidujour corrupted?

I don't have full keys, and don't know of any method to obtain them, apart from flashing SX Core with Spacecraft, which I don't want to do. Launching Lockpick_RCM from Hekate doesn't yield full keys and neither does HB Lockpick. You don't mention a requirement for keys in the guide, but doesn't NXNANDMANAGER require these for a restore?

Thanks!

My Setup: Mariko Switch + SX CORE (FW 1.3). SXOS 3.05. FAT32 EmuNAND (hidden partition), CFW 10.2 (Choi updated), OFW 10.2 (OTA updated).

Last edited by OriginalCopycat,

GCS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Yeah your sysnand should be clean, use hekate to back up from sysnand and restoee it on emunand if you used choi before on emunand.

OriginalCopycat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah your sysnand should be clean, use hekate to back up from sysnand and restoee it on emunand if you used choi before on emunand.

@GCS Thanks for replying - I'm just nervous about doing it wrong, so do I backup exactly like I said in my post? (Tools->Backup eMMC->eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1)?

How do I then restore it - bearing in mind I'm using an SX created EmuNAND? I don't want to lose my emuNAND.

Last edited by OriginalCopycat,

Pacpun

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The emunand migration method:
If I skip step 7 (select emuMMC in the main menu, then select Migrate emuMMC and finally select Emunand.) and do step 9 (launch -> atmosphere cfw) right away, that means atmo will launch on sysnand? Will this affect the sysnand flagging and cause a ban in the near future?

Edit
I found this information on the rentry site: If you use EmuNAND and you accidentally boot into your SysNAND while using CFW, you will not get banned. Simply booting into SysNAND with CFW will not get you banned.
But what if I didn't have EmuNAND before that accidental boot (Airplane mode was on, I didn't install anything and I didn't connect to the network. Exosphere and DNS MITM were also configured)? :unsure:

Last edited by Pacpun,

AlexanderShiramoto

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Okay so my console is Mariko. My Emunand is Sx OS 3.1.0 and I updated my Sysnand to 12.0.3 (Stupid I know). So I cant boot to OFW or CFW unless using Genuine Boot. Now I searched online and a lot of people are saying that I should migrate to Atmosphere. Now will using this method works?

such

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Okay so my console is Mariko. My Emunand is Sx OS 3.1.0 and I updated my Sysnand to 12.0.3 (Stupid I know). So I cant boot to OFW or CFW unless using Genuine Boot. Now I searched online and a lot of people are saying that I should migrate to Atmosphere. Now will using this method works?
Not quite. The payloads changed with 1.0.0, so there's differences already.

Follow this guide: https://rentry.org/mys8q

But put the following in for the Atmoshpere CFW section in hekate_ipl.ini instead of what's in the guide:

fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

Worked for me.

AlexanderShiramoto

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Not quite. The payloads changed with 1.0.0, so there's differences already.

Follow this guide:

But put the following in for the Atmoshpere CFW section in hekate_ipl.ini instead of what's in the guide:

fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

Worked for me.

Due to me being afraid to messed up my data on the SD card or even the switch itself. I decided to buy a new SD card and setup Atmosphere there instead. I followed your advice but I used the "How to set up emuNAND with Atmosphere on Mariko" guide instead and change the hekate_ipl.ini file like you said and it works perfectly. I cant thank you enough seriously. You really saved my Switch.

And on another note, Is there anyway to convert my saved files so it can be used on Atmosphere? or do I have no choice but to start fresh?

such

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
If you set up a new EmuNAND then you're starting fresh, and you could use apps like Checkpoint to back your saves up and move them between SD cards, I guess, but the guide I linked takes care of all of that for you - everything carries over as if nothing happened (though if you're using mods you need to move them to a new path since Atmosphere uses a different path, but that's it). That's the difference between migrating and creating a new EmuNAND.

An easier way would be to clone your SXOS EmuNAND to your new SD card and migrate to Atmosphere on the clone - if anything goes wrong you can go back to your old setup, but if you succeeded with setting up a new EmuNAND it's unlikely you'll run into issues with migrating - it's pretty much the same process, except you're pointing to your existing EmuNAND in Hekate, instead of creating a new one.

If you want to back up or copy your hidden partition you can use this tool: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/

ijoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you set up a new EmuNAND then you're starting fresh, and you could use apps like Checkpoint to back your saves up and move them between SD cards, I guess, but the guide I linked takes care of all of that for you - everything carries over as if nothing happened (though if you're using mods you need to move them to a new path since Atmosphere uses a different path, but that's it). That's the difference between migrating and creating a new EmuNAND.

An easier way would be to clone your SXOS EmuNAND to your new SD card and migrate to Atmosphere on the clone - if anything goes wrong you can go back to your old setup, but if you succeeded with setting up a new EmuNAND it's unlikely you'll run into issues with migrating - it's pretty much the same process, except you're pointing to your existing EmuNAND in Hekate, instead of creating a new one.

If you want to back up or copy your hidden partition you can use this tool: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/
Hi
I'm using HWFly chip and using tutorial from https://rentry.org/mys8q

I tried all the steps but still boot into OFW
This switch was hacked by my friend's father before, but it was accidentally updated to OFW 13.1.0
Since that, it always boot into OFW without any other option

Any help?

such

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Hi
I'm using HWFly chip and using tutorial from https://rentry.org/mys8q

I tried all the steps but still boot into OFW
This switch was hacked by my friend's father before, but it was accidentally updated to OFW 13.1.0
Since that, it always boot into OFW without any other option

Any help?
As far as that guide itself is concerned look a few posts above for the correct config - the guide is incomplete regarding that one bit, which is why, I'm guessing, it's booting into OFW even if you select CFW.

Once you put that in the ini instead of what's in the guide you should be able to boot into CFW. That's assuming you don't need to do anything else because of HWFly - that I don't know.

ijoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
As far as that guide itself is concerned look a few posts above for the correct config - the guide is incomplete regarding that one bit, which is why, I'm guessing, it's booting into OFW even if you select CFW.

Once you put that in the ini instead of what's in the guide you should be able to boot into CFW. That's assuming you don't need to do anything else because of HWFly - that I don't know.
There is no cfw or ofw option
It just boot directly to ofw
I already follow the config from posts above 😔

General chit-chat
Help Users
    chrisrlink @ chrisrlink: fork