1. BPenguin

BPenguin Newbie
    Newcomer

Singapore
    I was having trouble using booting into atmosphere using this guide and found another :

rentry.co slash MarikoEmuNAND

I followed the download but the 4th (Patches (hekate.zip) does not seems to run only bring you to a duck site ^ ^.

I followed the step and managed to boot into Atmosphere on my Mariko SX Core Version 12.0.1

hope it helps.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

HI, I have a Mariko SX OS Core switch which I accidently updated to OFW 12.0.1

I have been having trouble booting up to Atmosphere with the guide here and I found another website at :

rentry.co/MarikoEmuNAND

Basically, the file are the same with a different method and the 4th download button direct to a duck website but I did not download that file.

I followed the instruction and finally managed to boot into atmosphere, although the first bootup I encounter an error message (forgot what was it but I press power and the switch screen turn dark and then atmosphere booted up.

Hope it helps for those trying to get it running.

2. cryptblood1986

Newcomer

Philippines
    I updated my sysnand firmware to 12.0 using ChoiDujourNX. I'm on a Mariko. Now I'm getting a pkg1 no space error when trying to load atmosphere. I'm using the latest atmosphere and payload on my spacecraft nx. Don't know what to do. I don't have a backup of my boot files.

3. GCS

OP GCS GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    Why even use Choi on SysNAND:ohnoes: and you don't even have a backup?
    You probably need donor boot files

4. felipejfc

felipejfc GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Hi!

My brother has a patched erista with sx core on it and we did the following:

== He uses hidden partition Emunand, so this is the one we're trying to boot with atmos

1. We used this to turn hekate into a boot.dat https://sx-boot-dat-creator.herokuapp.com/

The switch successfully booted into hekate.

We followed the steps in this guide: https://rentry.co/mys8q

with this hekate_ipl

[config]
    autoboot=0
    autoboot_list=0
    bootwait=3
    backlight=100
    autohosoff=0
    autonogc=1
    updater2p=0
    bootprotect=0
    [Atmosphere CFW]
    payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
    [Stock SysNAND]
    fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
    stock=1
    emummc_force_disable=1
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

However, all we get is a black screen when launching the "atmosphere cfw", we don't even see atmosphere logo.

Any ideas of what could cause this? Maybe it's worth trying to boot fusee-secondary directly?

Maybe it's because we didn't "cleanup" from sx menu (since we are booting hekate directly)? Do you know what would be the symptom of booting without clearing?

5. GCS

OP GCS GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    The custom boot.dat won't work on erista. You need to go with the normal one and do clean up on every boot.

6. felipejfc

Brazil
    But if this was the problem, wouldn't it fail at booting hekate instead? I could use hekate just fine, even USB tools and stuff...

EDIT

Also, apart from the Cleanup thing, do I need to do the BOOT0/1 restore in my emunand?

Last edited by felipejfc, May 13, 2021
  7. GCS

OP GCS GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    Since to make sure I have tried that method you are talking about too, I am sure it won't work. You need to do clean up on every boot.
    You need to restore BOOT0 and BOOT1 if you have updated via Choi before.

8. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    You can use the sx gear files instead on spacecraft does the same thing but you don't need to flash anything, found here
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/team-xecuter-site-removed.582526/page-3#post-9373860

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

a switch with sx core would look for boot.dat and should work fine. i have a markio switch with sx gear files and it boots to my payload (hekate) just fine

9. GCS

OP GCS GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    It works because you have a Mariko, sx gear method doesn't work on erista.

10. Azzathorio

Azzathorio Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    Hi guys, i got a rare case with my switch. First, let me explain my console specs: Patched Erista with the chip, i have my emunand in sxos in 10.2.0, and 13 fuses burned, but everytime i launch atmos with emunand it gives me the following error:

(Error) Fatal error: [NXBOOT] Couldn't parse boot0: !

What i did to go into atmos was the following thing: first i dumped my prod.keys with lockpick_rcm, then with emmchaccgen i created the new boot0 with the fw 10.0.0 version update. I took that file and placed it into the restore folder and erase the extention from the boot0 file. Then boot sxos - clean up - inyect hekate - restore boot0 - inyect payload fusee primary and it open atmos in my sysnand, at this moment all is right but i want to create a emunand.

So... i do two things, first i restored boot0, created the emunand in a hidden partition..., restore the boot0 again (just in case) inyect the fusee primary and it gives me this error "failed to apply 'nosigchk'.

I clean up my sd card and introduce all the files again, make sure if it enter into sysnand with atmos and it worked, now i restored the boot0, created a emunand in file, restored boot0 again (just in case) and inyect fusee primary bin and it gives this error again:

(Error) Fatal error: [NXBOOT] Couldn't parse boot0: !

EDIT

Now i make the emunand in hidden partition again and it just work, now i have atmos with emunand...maybe something gone wrong the first time that i make the emunand

Last edited by Azzathorio, May 13, 2021
  11. felipejfc

Brazil
    Thanks for your answer! So would you say this is the best way to go?

1 - Boot SX Menu, do cleanup
    2 - Boot hekate from SX Menu, backup from eMMC BOOT0/1, restore BOOT0/1 to emuMMC
    3 - Boot atmos using fusee-primary

How would you do the restore part in step 2? When we try the normal Restore Flow from Hekate it complains it can't find the partitions :unsure: even though when we go into the emuMMC menu it says enabled and everything...

Last edited by felipejfc, May 13, 2021
  12. GCS

OP GCS GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    Yeah, that's the correct way to do it. As far as I understood you have updated via Choi before since you want to restore BOOT0&1.
    To do it, you need to get a backup of your sysnand boot files via Hekate. Then restore the backups on emuNAND.

13. felipejfc

Brazil
    ok so we had some progress I think! Did the cleanup in sx menu, backdup emummc boot0/1 and restored using NxNandManager. Tried them to boot emummc. This time we saw atmosphere blue splashscreen, but after that, black screen again... any hints?

14. GCS

OP GCS GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    Just black screen or does it show an error too?

15. felipejfc

Brazil
    Atmos blue splashscreen and then only a black screen with no error

16. GCS

OP GCS GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    If you didn't have important saves or something, can you try creating a new emuNAND from Hekate?

17. luisdav

luisdav Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    can the installed nsp games be played on atmosphere, without reinstall them?

18. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
  19. luisdav

luisdav Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
  20. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    you didn't do a new emunand or factory reset? Because even if there missing on the sd card the title icons should remain on the home screen?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphere, Running, Patched