Running an ntsc game on pal wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by danny66, Dec 28, 2012.

Dec 28, 2012
  1. danny66
    OP

Newcomer danny66 Newbie

Ireland
    first off ive tried sd and usb loaders such as dios mios, can i cannot get them to work for the life of me, im trying to get DML to work for tony hawks american wasteland ntsc, but it just wont work, could some give me a full list of what to do from start to finish as if i had just installed homebrew channel and nothing else?

no that ive asked that, i have tony hawks american wasteland official gamecube disc ntsc, a gamecube controller and mem card and a pall wii, and i have a backup of said disc on my laptop, i cannot burn discs, is there anything i can use to boot the ntsc game on my pal wii? i know theres devolution but will that work with ntsc games on a pal wii? and will it work with the official disc? or are there any booters like usb loader gx that would do this?

thanks in advance and sorry for the long post xD

also i dont want links to anything, i just need names, as far as i know from my old account links are againts t&c anyway, and i cant use freeloader, my wii firmware is currentley 4.3E (to the best of my knowledge,

and a last issue, whenever i have a disc in my tray it says system update is availible and i have to boot the game from usb loader, even for game that i know contain no updates such as opoona. any advice?

2. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    The issue is that you have to patch the video mode to whatever your TV is using. As for the update, if you softmodded your Wii correctly, it shouldn't appear at all. If you did it mostly correctly, it's perfectly safe to select the update. If you had no clue what you were doing, updating will brick your Wii. Use Modmii to update and softmod properly, and the update message will disappear.

3. danny66
    OP

Newcomer danny66 Newbie

Ireland
    ok thank you, and also i cannot get any gamecube games to work in dios mios from any region