Running an app in guest account which requires admin rights

ganons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So on Win 8.1 and have Photoshop installed and want a guest user to use it but it asks for password every single time.

1. Is it possible to change the permission somewhere so it wont prompt a password?
2. If no the above, is there a third party app that can be used to give a specific app admin rights/or remove admin rights from it?

Thanks

RandomOddness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried right clicking the shortcut, going to compatibility, click "Change settings for all users" and set run program as administrator? Though as far as I'm aware, Photoshop is a bugger to get running without admin rights, so I don't think it will be possible to run it on a guest account without the admin password unless using the shift key and running it as a user with elevated privileges.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tend to stick with GIMP until I need RAW support (rare) but over the years I have seen various "portable" versions of photoshop offered for download (CS6, compressed is just under 100 megs). Now I do not know if they will work in this case (portable does not necessarily mean runs without admin rights) but it could be worth a try.

As for the matter at hand I can not say I have had to fight windows guest abilities in recent times and most things I really care about have behaved themselves. There might be a simple checkbox somewhere but I do not know it offhand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye I am going AMD this gen still debating 7900XT or XTX