Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Here is a supersized battery for the lite:
http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-dsl-3fpw

This replaces the smaller battery inside the DSL. I didn't find it listed on the Italian version of divineo.
Good God, 40 hours of gameplay! Though, if I think about it, I wouldn't expect less from that huge clunky thing.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
In real life, when I tested it for extended use, it only came out to about anywhere between 25 to 34 hours. That was when that thing was new, now it gives around 20 to 31 hours after a few years.

The 40 hours is only if you use ALL the functions together, the internal, the backup and the emergency backup can total 40 hours if you pick out out good AA batteries and decent replacement DSL batteries to use.

It is probably several years into the internal battery life if you tried and bought it now. It might not be worth it if the stock isn't new.

eadmaster

OP
Trophies
Website
eadmaster.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Rayder said:
When at home, leave it plugged in to it's charger. That DOES work.

QUOTE(Dangy @ Oct 22 2010, 03:14 PM) The only way would be to leave it on a charger.

Ok, i knew that, but this way it will always use the battery.
I was looking for an accessory that can "bypass" the battery and power the console directly using home AC.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
eadmaster said:
Rayder said:

QUOTE(Dangy @ Oct 22 2010, 03:14 PM) The only way would be to leave it on a charger.

I was looking for an accessory that can "bypass" the battery and power the console directly using home AC.
can't you take out the internal battery and use the charger? or am i wrong

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eadmaster said:
Rayder said:

Dangy said:
The only way would be to leave it on a charger.

The DS charges the battery faster than it uses the battery.
You can go from an empty battery to a decent amount charged while playing if you want.

QUOTE(Dter ic @ Oct 23 2010, 04:34 PM)
can't you take out the internal battery and use the charger? or am i wrong
Yes.
Many FlashMe guides suggest to plug the DS in while shoring the SL1 connection so that if the battery comes loose you don't brick your DS.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what exactly is your problem? do you want your ds's battery pack to run longer?

you know, this whole memory effect thing on a ds isnt as grave as its on a laptops battery.... my ds is about 5 years old now and its probably the most abused one to ever exist, being charged most of the time and when it was off the charger for only a few minutes and it still running for 3-4 hours which is more than enough for every kind of trip i take. Once again, this is after many years of use.

all you gotta do is completely drain the power once in a while and charge it back up full, then pull the plug for about 10 minutes and charge again, do that a few times and its usually back to normal oo

at least thats what i do on my laptop. made it run 30 minutes longer again afterwards

eadmaster

OP
Trophies
Website
eadmaster.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Clydefrosch said:
what exactly is your problem? do you want your ds's battery pack to run longer?

From the DSi manual:
QUOTEThe battery can be recharged approximately 500 times, but performance may decrease after repeated recharges, depending on usage conditions such as temperature.
After 500 recharges, battery life may be only 70% of the battery life when new.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
He wants an AC power unit to REPLACE the battery so when he is at home he can not worry about power.

The issue with using the charger all the time like in the above method is that the DS/L has an automatic power cut off when the battery is fully charged. Making the fact that you can't pull the battery completely when the charger is plugged in (The battery also acts as a circuit).

The only options currently available to you at the moment is:
1. Use a larger battery like the one I showed you.
2. Always be near an outlet to charge your DS/L.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eadmaster said:
Is there an accessory to power the DS using home AC?
I'd like to use batteries only when i'm not at home, just like i do with my notebook pc.Do you remove the laptop battery when you're at home?
Just plug in the DS while playing and you'll be fine.

eadmaster said:
This powering mode is not described in the manual.
And i guess bridging the SL1 connection won't enable it.Bridging the SL1 is for overwriting the DS' firmware with FlashMe or another hacked firmware.
Why I mentioned it is because plugging in the DS while playing is fine.

eadmaster said:
From the DSi manual:
The battery can be recharged approximately 500 times, but performance may decrease after repeated recharges, depending on usage conditions such as temperature.
After 500 recharges, battery life may be only 70% of the battery life when new.
Correct.
But what they also don't mention, or what you left out, is that after a few years battery life decreases ANYWAY.

My suggestion is to quit being paranoid about the battery and play your games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters