running a movie on both screens?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by canvasch, Jan 4, 2007.

Jan 4, 2007
  1. canvasch
    OP

Newcomer canvasch Advanced Member

United States
    well i'm decided i'd like to make a animation for the ds... maybe 15 minutes long...... and use the unique view of two screens.... have certian screens force you to turn the ds 90 degress (book mode) ..... so far all i've down is just think of a plotline and do a few concept images.... 3 of which can be viewed below.

my problem is I have no idea how to code and i can't figure out (been reading through dev tutorials and such) how to get a video (i don't care what format, whether it be .swf, .avi or .dpg) to play on the ds through both screens... and also when i finish it I'd like it to be in a .nds format....
    so far i've been developing as 1 video... with 96px padding in the middle (the gap between screens) but if it's not possible to code it like this then i'll do two seperate videos as long as both start at the same time....

thank you for your paitence and taking time to read this.
    if you're interested... i suggest you view the images on your DS.. moonshell is good for viewing images.
    concept #1
    concept #2
    concept #3

2. canvasch
    OP

Newcomer canvasch Advanced Member

United States
    still looking for an answer... i've asked a several other forums... anyways.. any suggestions? DSDEV irc channel wasn't really helpful :/

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    I have a feeling that i cannot help you. sorry.