running a backup inplace fo my real game

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by ulao, Aug 25, 2018.

1. ulao
    OP

ulao GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2010
    United States
    I have the sx os installed and I'm able to play my backups. I do have a few cartridge games I started game play on. When I use the backup of my cartridge and run it from my album with the cartridges out is tells me to insert the cartridge. Also the thumbnail of the back up in the album folder is all white. Is there something I need to do to get the backup to play instead of the cartridge?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    White Squares=sign of a fake SD card even if bought it from a trusty reseller.

Use either h2testw or the more optimized and faster FakeFlashTest to determine if your SD card is truly fake or not.

3. ulao
    OP

ulao GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2010
    United States
    I have a few games on it plus home bru all working. I even tried deleting the image and putting it back. Maybe I need to rename it?

ohh... wait... maybe because I put that game on last and its not really 128... Game didnt actually copy over fully. gotch-ya..

Last edited by ulao, Aug 25, 2018
  4. ulao
    OP

ulao GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2010
    United States
    passes test, seem ok. took a few games off but this one still is white and will not run.

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Did you re-copy it onto your SD card after taking off the games or did you just take off the games? Also what tool did you use to dump it? Lastly, maybe you can try using the scene release version of that .XCI from BBB and see if the problem persists.

6. ulao
    OP

ulao GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2010
    United States
    I had to because the test wanted to destroy the data. This is a scene release game I can recheck it with BT.

7. ulao
    OP

ulao GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2010
    United States
    Bad rip, working now, thx!