Seaking

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.runescape.com/referendum/vote

QUOTE said:
We received a petition of 1.2M votes in less than 24 hours! This is the highest number of votes we have ever received for any player poll to date so it's time we swiftly moved onto a qualified referendum, allowing all our players to express their exact wishes. We want our entire community to decide the future of RuneScape by voting in the first ever RuneScape referendum. Please make sure you register your vote and ensure you also get everyone you know who plays/played RuneScape to register their vote too!

The number of players who registered their name on the petition and the feedback in the forums and on fan sites has shown how passionate you are about this matter. The following referendum clarifies exactly what we propose to bring back, or not, based entirely on your votes. The referendum gives you the opportunity to vote "Yes" for the return of free trade & the wilderness, "I don't mind" either way or "No" to the proposal.

Please read through the following carefully and log in with your account to cast your vote as well as the option to see the results of the referendum.

About free trade-
* - Unrestricted Free Trade between players
* - Unlimited staking in the Duel Arena
* - The Grand Exchange would remain, but with the lower and upper price limits removed
* - Party Room drop restrictions removed
* - Item Lending still available
* - Assist System still available
* - LootShare and CoinShare still available

About The Wilderness-
* - The Wilderness becomes a rather dangerous area again and players can kill each other for their items
* - PVP, Bounty and Bounty +1 Worlds removed (game mechanics may be re-used in the future)
* - New objects that affect combat will be analysed on an individual basis
* - Gravestones will still be used outside of the Wilderness
* - Various PVP items and gear will still be available and won’t become 'rares'
* - Revenants patrolling the Wilderness will be relocated
* - Content located in the Wilderness will be reviewed as follows:
o - Quests (e.g. Spirit of Summer) and Activities (e.g. Clan Wars) will be relocated
o - Other content (e.g. Treasure Trails, the Beacon Network and D&Ds) will be looked at on a case-by-case basis

i'd say that is wonderful news! anyone got an account?

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played RS in a long time, but voted anyway. The results so far are crazy.
referendum.png

Cokeman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah.. a lot of people play this game, not just "12 year olds"..
People hate on runescape players for..no reason. Meh.
EDIT
And I don't play anymore, but stop judging, dicks.
I did not see the link on the runescape website. HOLY SHIT.
this is a big deal, i would consider playing again..

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I don't mind returning to this game if they do implement this back, I was 12 years old back then, played for 4-5 years....now if they do bring it back, I won't mind going back into RuneScape (at my current age lol)

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I voted 'No' with both my accounts. I'm entirely against this giant step backwards. I'm well aware this gesture will be in vain. Lowest common denominator and all that.

Also, I may as well take this opportunity to remind people that there's the GbaTempers Clan Chat for, you know... GbaTempers who play RuneScape.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
CarbonX13 said:
JackDeeEss said:
People still play this crap?
My thoughts exactly.
Get this, RuneScape is the seed of MMORPG gaming, every MMO gamer out there, knows or has played RuneScape at a certain time in their gaming career (lol career) before entering the World Of Warcraft, Starcraft, Runes Of Magic, Anarchy, and all those other games..

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
CarbonX13 said:
JackDeeEss said:
My thoughts exactly.
Get this, RuneScape is the seed of MMORPG gaming, every MMO gamer out there, knows or has played RuneScape at a certain time in their gaming career (lol career) before entering the World Of Warcraft, Starcraft, Runes Of Magic, Anarchy, and all those other games..
You can't really say it's the "seed" of MMORPG just because every MMO player has heard of it. Played it, maybe, heard of it, no.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
BobTheJoeBob said:
Pfft, Rune Scape... Club penguin FTW!
Think im joining you!

The only thing i found funny in runescape was to actually trick noobs into wilderness and kill them =). So i would love to see soo many cry over losing their gears
ohmy.gif
I guess that was the reason why they removed it? Too many enrages.. oh well..

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
CarbonX13 said:
JackDeeEss said:
My thoughts exactly.
Nope. Hadn't even heard of it until this year at college, and I'd played several MMOs before that.

Good news for Runescape players I guess. There are better (free) games out there IMO, but to each his own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse