Rune Factory, Heroes of Mana, Luminous Arc

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ambitous21, Aug 15, 2007.

1. ambitous21
    OP

ambitous21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    Which one are you playing first?! Or in what order are you going to play them?

this is so hard to decide..

2. Shelleeson

Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2007
    i'm here....silly.
    well i just started rune factory so unless it sucks really bad i won't be changing anytime soon. [​IMG]

3. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    indeed... just put the rune factory on my m3... and unless it bores the hell out of me.. i wont start with the others just yet.... luminous arc probably goes before heroes of mana tho...

4. Zombie_Mario

Zombie_Mario GBAtemp Fan

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    I just started Luminous Arc. The voice acting is kinda irritating. From there I'll try Heroes of Mana next. I don't wanna try Rune Factory since it's not my style.

5. Cjuub

Cjuub GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2006
    I'm starting with Rune Factory, since I've been looking forward to it for a very long time, and I'm a die hard Harvest Moon fan. [​IMG]

Gonna try Luminous Arc after this, and then finally Heroes of Mana.
    But that will probably be AFTER Gyakuten Saiban 3. [​IMG]

6. Ph1l0z0ph3r

Ph1l0z0ph3r GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2007
    United States
    Rune Factory
    Heroes of Mana
    Luminous Arc

Shame cause i wont even get to finish Megaman. Also GS3 and Operation: Vietname should be coming out soon so ima have even more on my plate.

7. Jhongerkong

Jhongerkong GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2007
    Canada
    I hear that! Ive made a note to myself to not play any ds games until gs3 comes out.

8. DSGRIM

DSGRIM GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2007
    United States
    w007. Just found out they were released in the process of obtaining. Gonna play Rune Factory first prolly or Lum Arc

9. Torte

Torte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    New Zealand
    Wow, this reminds me of about the same time last year when we had the triple RPG whammy of Contact, Magical Starsign and Children of Mana. Just as I finish Star Force, I'll have to contend with 3 more RPGs that are much more lengthier (it seems) than last year's trifecta. Oh goodies!

10. tipsy

tipsy GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2007
    Switzerland
    I saw Luminous Arc didn't get so great reviews, it stated that it was just like Final Fantasy.. hmm .. not sure about the other ones though ..

11. KirbyPink

KirbyPink GBAtemp Fan

Jun 30, 2006
    Gbatemp
    It can be turned off.

12. Mieki

Mieki GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2007
    Rune Factory has wifi. Guessing it kinda works like AW:CC. Took a long break after 6 hours of playing...damn, those caves are hard.

13. bahng

bahng Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2007
    United States
    I started with Rune Factory and havn't turn off the ds since [​IMG]

14. Jesticle

Jesticle Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    Started with Rune Factory. Played it for a few hours and am liking it so far. I won't be changing any time soon other than play other games for a bit with friends and such. I've been a fan of harvest moon since I played it on the PS. I have been waiting for this game for years.

15. DeepFriedAsian

DeepFriedAsian GBAtemp Fan

Oct 17, 2006
    United States
    Michigan
    Eh?

Also, I'm probably going to go in this order once I get the chance to play:
    Luminous, Rune, Heroes

16. Icarus

Icarus fire walk with me

Feb 3, 2006
    United States
    Big Appleu
    I'm not going to play any of them. I want to beat Partners In Time first xD

17. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    The game I have had the most hope for has been Luminous Arc, and then Rune Factory. However, oddly enough, I chose Heroes of Mana first. I think I've just been jonesing for a good RTS, and had to find out for myself who was closer to the truth in their review -- IGN or Gamespot.

I've just built my second structure and am about to embark on my second battle. So far, the game reminds me a lot more of Warcraft than Lostmagic, and that's a very good thing, in my opinion. Also...the game is just beautiful. As with Pokemon D/P, I love the mix of 2-D and 3-D -- looks great and the Mana colors are, of course, awesome.

Probably won't know for a bit just how well the AI performs -- not until I've got a good-sized army to command -- but I'll probably be playing this game for a while and get to the others in a few days or so.

18. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    That would be it, yes. As opposed to the one-man army and mushboom I currently have. [​IMG]

19. shadowboy

shadowboy :D

Aug 30, 2006
    United States
    Rune, Lum, GS3, then heroes. I almost beat the (J) heroes, so thats why I'm playing it last.

20. ausroller

ausroller Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2007
    I played Heroes for a while, but I don't think too highly of it. I'll go back to it after a while. Luminous is lots of fun though.