Rune Factory 5 will get a PC port next month

Rune Factory 5 launched to moderate reception, with many critics and fans upset at the game's performance on the Nintendo Switch. As it was a platform exclusive, users were stuck playing the game at a stuttering framerate that not even patches and bugfixes could help. If that deterred you from the game, then you should be excited to know that XSEED is bringing the game to a new platform. Rune Factory 5 will hit Steam on July 13th, priced at $59.99, and a digital deluxe version for 69.99 that comes with item bundles. Those that grab the game at launch will get a bonus 15% off discount.

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-9400
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 9 GB available space

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Just don't marry them they say

yet the game forces it on you male on males friendships no longer possible
lovRune Factory 5 (1).png

Reactions: bodefuceta

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Just don't marry them they say

yet the game forces it on you male on males friendships no longer possible View attachment 314972
I believe that it is a balancing issue and not a force-player-to-be-gay type of thing.

Rune Factory 5, at least on western release when I played, have awful polishing, it is totally careless developed, unbalanced.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Watch as it'll still run terribly, lol
Yeah probably. Rune Factory 5 and Deadly Premonition 2 don't run poorly on Switch because it's weak, they run poorly because they're poorly designed games.
That hardware specs seems a bit high considering this is a port from the Switch?
High requirements so they don't have to fix their poorly optimized game as much.

Joeynator3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah probably. Rune Factory 5 and Deadly Premonition 2 don't run poorly on Switch because it's weak, they run poorly because they're poorly designed games.

High requirements so they don't have to fix their poorly optimized game as much.
Yeah, I play a lot of Switch games...even Xenoblade 1 runs pretty decently. Some of these devs just don't even try it feels like.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the Earthmate edition to only get let down so hard. I’m not buying it again. I bought RF4 for the 3DS and now the Switch, I’ll stick with that fuck off 5.

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

Nezha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If does, and you buy it, you will regret. The game is really that bad.

(Huge rune factory 4 fan here btw)
You've actually convinced me to try 4 again. I gave it a go, but it had a very slow start that deterred me slightly despite being a fan of things like the older Harvest Moons and Stardew Valley. Now I'm uncertain if I gave RF4 a fair shake.

That being said: A shame that RF5 seems to have performed badly. A bigger shame they feel so confident charging full price with this reputation it earned before coming to PC.

EDIT: Also yikes. Those are some spec requirements. For an RF game? That alone makes me suspicious enough to pass. I don't like devs who pass the buck of poor optimization. Though that's my supposition.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You've actually convinced me to try 4 again. I gave it a go, but it had a very slow start that deterred me slightly despite being a fan of things like the older Harvest Moons and Stardew Valley. Now I'm uncertain if I gave RF4 a fair shake.

That being said: A shame that RF5 seems to have performed badly. A bigger shame they feel so confident charging full price with this reputation it earned before coming to PC.

EDIT: Also yikes. Those are some spec requirements. For an RF game? That alone makes me suspicious enough to pass. I don't like devs who pass the buck of poor optimization. Though that's my supposition.
the ps3 version is a pretty good 3D RF game

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP

Worst part of Rune Factory 4 is the beginning. Lots of things happen, and they are presented in a manner that make the player don't care. You have no attachment yet to any of those characters to care you know what I mean? So my tip is to do the first quests fast, than do a lot of farming (learn the tools here, to get you going), than talk a lot with people (to start to care). After that you will find your pace and the game gets super enjoyable.

For your comment I see that you will be playing RF4 after Stardew Valley, the QoL stuff of Stardew Valley may have spoiled you, so have some patience in that regard too.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wonder how Xseed views PC mods afaik only Bethesda approve modding their PC games well that and most indie devs like concerned mouse (SDV) and whoever made starbound

Nezha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For your comment I see that you will be playing RF4 after Stardew Valley, the QoL stuff of Stardew Valley may have spoiled you, so have some patience in that regard too.
This especially will likely be the case, but I can definitely be tolerant of some lack of QoL. It's my understanding that Stardew Valley learned a lot from games like these so it's only natural it came out a bit better for it. I can still enjoy things like Mineral Town or even the atrocious UI in some of my older PSP games, so RF4 will have to do something devastatingly bad to rule itself out on that basis.

It's just that the beginning felt rather unengaging, especially since I felt some of the cutscenes and whatnot dragged on too long, but again, I don't think I really gave it a fair shake as a result. I feel a bit more confident pushing through if someone's vouching for it. The way you're describing it makes it sound like a more farm-heavy Animal Crossing, another game I'm a big fan of (Well, big fan up to New Leaf. New Horizons failed to keep me interested), so I trust in the game's odds. Thank you.

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
This especially will likely be the case, but I can definitely be tolerant of some lack of QoL. It's my understanding that Stardew Valley learned a lot from games like these so it's only natural it came out a bit better for it. I can still enjoy things like Mineral Town or even the atrocious UI in some of my older PSP games, so RF4 will have to do something devastatingly bad to rule itself out on that basis.

It's just that the beginning felt rather unengaging, especially since I felt some of the cutscenes and whatnot dragged on too long, but again, I don't think I really gave it a fair shake as a result. I feel a bit more confident pushing through if someone's vouching for it. The way you're describing it makes it sound like a more farm-heavy Animal Crossing, another game I'm a big fan of (Well, big fan up to New Leaf. New Horizons failed to keep me interested), so I trust in the game's odds. Thank you.
It's not exactly that way, but from your backlog I'm sure you will like anyway. Just don't do 5, the RF5 is a shame

Reactions: Nezha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...