ROM Hack RELEASE Rune Factory 4 Special - English translation conversion

LordBone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey everyone, just a heads up for those who have not heard, the worldwide version of the game is scheduled to release on 21st of January 2020. So not a long wait anymore.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, just a heads up for those who have not heard, the worldwide version of the game is scheduled to release on 21st of January 2020. So not a long wait anymore.
Do we have confirmation on that or is that just because the release date on best buy and now amazon has been listed as January 20th? Best Buy did that a few months ago and I thought it was weird. I've tried to find out any official information but there doesn't seem to be any.

Anyway, I got a lot of playtime out of the Japanese version with this mod though. Thanks again.

Valdrrak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nah not sure why its taking so long to make this dam thing, We have LordBone already basically done it, not sure why its taking a whole studio so long to add the new dialog in english /rant sorry just really looking forward to replaying this D:

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All we need now is a "true love" hack!

Does that refer to same-sex marriage? If so I very much agree, though it seems like quite the undertaking. I'm pretty disappointed new marriage-related content was added, but not same-sex marriage. I'd love to see a Japanese farming/life game join titles like Stardew Valley and My Time at Portia on this matter, but the business culture in Japan is very cautious, and this has traditionally affected game design and development in some interesting ways.

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that refer to same-sex marriage? If so I very much agree, though it seems like quite the undertaking. I'm pretty disappointed new marriage-related content was added, but not same-sex marriage. I'd love to see a Japanese farming/life game join titles like Stardew Valley and My Time at Portia on this matter, but the business culture in Japan is very cautious, and this has traditionally affected game design and development in some interesting ways.
Someone did a mod for the 3ds version, so I imagine it should be relatively similar to implement here. I may take a look at it this weekend to see what I can do.

Swapping sprites, voices, and portraits should be easy, the annoying part would be swapping the pronouns in the text.

At least there is the sprite/portrait swapping order in the game, but it's only available post game. I've already done that on the 3ds in the past, but really don't want to slog through the entire game as a chick again...

Reactions: galneon

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the game is already out now. How realistic is it to use all this to do an "undub"? Or is it like the 3DS version in that translating the Japanese original is the only way? Because it seems the translation is still incomplete after all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.