RELEASE Rune Factory 4 Special - English translation conversion

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by LordBone, Jul 31, 2019.

1. RagoXXXX

RagoXXXX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2014
    It'd be awesome to hear this translation gets lunched : D

2. 15Cyndaquil

15Cyndaquil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2019
    United States
    RagoXXXX likes this.
  3. RagoXXXX

RagoXXXX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2014

I saw today, that sounds amazing! though, I more open from emulation aspect. From fan basis, I'm hyped that we're going to get new songs, content and new features

4. RisingHopperZeroOne

RisingHopperZeroOne Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2019
    Australia
    Just reporting that there is another soft lock in the game, it's in the introduction when Volkanon shows you the diary and save point, the game just freezes. I'm testing the non-honorifc one so I don't know if it's a problem with the honorific version.

5. 15Cyndaquil

15Cyndaquil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2019
    United States
    I've updated the non-honorific version to fix this. As this was a similar issue to the previous bug I found, where the English honorific Miss before the female character's name caused the game to freeze as well, I have removed all the English honorifics that come before the character's name and as all the Japanese honorifics come after the character's name this bug shouldn't come up there, and didn't come up in my testing.

6. RisingHopperZeroOne

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2019
    Australia
    Awesome, just wondering, was the character limit in the exefs?
    That is the only thing really hampering the expierience since text cuts off and is hard to understand.

7. 15Cyndaquil

15Cyndaquil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2019
    United States
    Unfortunately I am not skilled enough to say whether or not it is there. I looked for ways to view it, but all them were but gibberish to me sadly.

I am happy to say that I'm working on the other text in game that are images so that it will be a little bit easier to know stats and such off the bat and to have prompts be in English as well.

Last edited by 15Cyndaquil, Sep 13, 2019
  8. RisingHopperZeroOne

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2019
    Australia
    Awesome, are you redoing the images from scratch or porting the 3ds images to the switch?

9. 15Cyndaquil

15Cyndaquil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2019
    United States
    I'm editing the images that are already from the Switch version and trying my best to match style and color first. If that doesn't work out I may make them mostly from scratch, with heavy inspiration from the current layout, like I did with the menu buttons since I couldn't quite edit those as well as I can edit these. Here are some compression for what I was able to do so far, I haven't tested it out yet so I may need to edit further like bumping up the brightness depending on what the game actually sees.
    statusWindow_npc. statusWindow_npc.

I've already finished with one of the status windows and once I finish the larger version of that I'll be able to mostly copy and past that work into the second set of status windows. After that I'll work on the confirm, cancel, and button prompts.

10. RisingHopperZeroOne

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2019
    Australia
    Awesome, can't wait to see it.

11. 15Cyndaquil

15Cyndaquil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2019
    United States
    As of right now, due to how the files are laid out and the tools I am able to fine, I do not believe I will be able to repack the those into the correct format so that it won't crash the game when it loads them. They're set up as a .BFRES file, but read like a .BNTX file with multiple pictures in them and even when I export it as a .BNTX file and change the extension to .BFRES or if I export it as a .BFRES file it still crashes the game. I'll upload the images here in case anyone else is able to get this to repack properly. I've tried Switch-Toolbox, BFRES Tool, BNTX Editor, BNTX Extract, and BNTX Injector.

Attached Files:

Endlessclouds likes this.
  12. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Can I use this with ReiNX?

13. 15Cyndaquil

15Cyndaquil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2019
    United States
    As long as ReiNX supports LayeredFS it should work fine.

14. Treskatae

Treskatae Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2016
    United States
    So the status as of now is that it crashes the game, so hang tight?

15. 15Cyndaquil

15Cyndaquil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2019
    United States
    I haven’t had any issues with crashes for a while now Treskatae and I’ve just recently updated to SX OS v2.9.1 with my Switch firmware at 9.0.1. If you’d like I can try to help you get it set up properly, although that might be faster if you dm me through Discord.

16. black_bird

black_bird Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2019
    United States
    hi, can i ask u use non-honorifics or honorifics ?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted