Rune Factory 4 realease cancelled in Europe

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by emigre, Jan 20, 2014.

1. emigre
    OP

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    Sourcehkjk

Region lock :angry:

"Weeaboos of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your region locks." :angry:

Skelletonike and BortzANATOR like this.

2. Axel Killer

Axel Killer GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2013
    United States
    you guys arnt missing nothing the game was a big let down i was hopping for a tides of destiny like game XD...

3. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    You can always buy ANOTHER 3D--Nah.

4. Axel Killer

Axel Killer GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2013
    United States
    a 3d what XD

5. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Have one thing to say, FUCK YOU WORLD!

6. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I.. wow. Fuck that shit.

7. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Well there goes 1 game i wanted to play this year. Maybe with the Wii-u official flop announcement, they might realise reigon locking is a brainfart and is going to be the death of the company and release a patch for both Wii-u and 3DS that lifts it so we can play these quality games.

I watch this video everyome something like this happens with a game on a Nintendo system.

king_leo likes this.
  8. DarkKnigh_t

DarkKnigh_t GBAtemp Fan

Oct 30, 2013
    Croatia
    Zagreb, Croatia
    NOT POSSIBLE TO RELEASE?
    Common what is this shit I cant believe that stupid nintendo and stupid company what is it so hard YOUR RELEASING THE SAME GAME.......

9. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    Nintendo is a dumb piece of shit, first I miss Taiko no Tatsujin 3ds due to region lock, and now this?? Fuck you Nintendo.
    Sincerely, everyone.

If Puzzle and Dragons Z doesn't come to Europe later this year (and the region lock is still in place) I don't know what will happen to your ass Nintendo.

10. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    so that is it, next time i can i will a buy a flash cart and tweet a picture right to nintendo (well maybe not xd)

11. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Wooow. My condolences, Europe. Thats really :bortz: ing stupid.

weavile001 likes this.
  12. DaggerV

DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    Did they even give a reason why it's not possible to at this time? I want this game released in as many region as possible and sold in high volume, cause you know... I want more, the game is awesome.

13. DarkKnigh_t

DarkKnigh_t GBAtemp Fan

Oct 30, 2013
    Croatia
    Zagreb, Croatia
    its too hard to release the same game thats already out ahhh Nintendo doesnt want our European money :(

14. pokefloote

pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    Didn't something happen to the company involved with development of the Rune Factory series? I don't any meaningful information, but maybe that has something to do with this? :/

15. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    I don't see the problem here.jk
    Well that sucks, I wonder if US sales had a effect on their decision :unsure:

16. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    The developer of Rune Factory was bankrupted last November as far I can remember.
    In times like this publishers from other regions may lose the contract of localization or to continue selling the localized versions.
    I can eventually be sorted out, but it seems that actually MAQL Europe may be unwilling to pursue the matter.

17. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    Tides of Destiny was the least Rune Factory game out of all in the series and it was more of a spin-off.

Personally these news upset me quite a bit, I was really looking forward to this after having cleared most of Harvest Moon New Beginning.

18. TwoBladedKnight

TwoBladedKnight GBAtemp Fan

May 17, 2009
    This news makes me worry about other games coming to Europe. I think this may be the tipping point for me to get a US 3ds. Between this being cancelled and the 1.5 year gap between Overclocked US and EU release (And the EU release being bugged as hell) it sure isn't looking good.

19. syfyTy

syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

Apr 11, 2011
    United States
    Tazmily, USA
    I'm playing Rune Factory 4 now here in the states and its awesome but I too heard that MQL went bankrupt. Don't know who said it sucked but they're wrong IMO. To be sure; the sales were so high in the US alone they were working on a sequal, #5 ,when they had a limited time to file. I suppose that had something to do with thier decision.

Too bad, as I felt it (3ds v.) was one of the best in the series to date (for a handheld)... I guess that improves the value for my 3ds should I sell it and get the black one I wanted... when Reggie said selling the black 3ds XL in the US was not possible due to how they are stocked (cough cough <BullShip> cough) differently from asian markets.. bullship!
    I say BullSHip!

hope thisisn't breaking any rules...
    Nintendolife 9/10
    IGN: 8/10

20. DarkKnigh_t

DarkKnigh_t GBAtemp Fan

Oct 30, 2013
    Croatia
    Zagreb, Croatia
    its just to stupid that someone would allow this we have the same gaming system the 3ds the same language English but we dont get the same games. what makes NA and EU so different? our money isnt good enough? this is getting to a point where its just ridiculous. nintendo making region lock is the stupidest decision ever made