Hacking Rune Factory 4 and Etrian Untold now dumped

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like Venom is on the ball....................both games call for fw5.1....pulling them down now to see if they work with Gateway or not....here's hoping.

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well not posted on binary servers yet but should be up later today.....heading to gamestop to pick up my Zelda WW collectors edition....woohoo can't wait to get that cool Gandolf figure....I will check again when I get back.

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no worries downloading Wind Waker HDon eshop now 50% woohoo

I have mine downloading the new v4 system update now so it will be ready to go when I get home............can't wait to mess around with the Wii on the gamepad feature......now they just need to get the controlls mapped and then I will be in heaven playing xenoblade on the gamepad

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice!

I actually bought Etrian Odyssey so I could get the collector's edition with soundtrack but I can't play my physical copy since it needs 5.1. At least not yet - my "good" 3DS that's updated to 6.3 is in repair. Hopefully if it works I can just play it on the Gateway.

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice!

I actually bought Etrian Odyssey so I could get the collector's edition with soundtrack but I can't play my physical copy since it needs 5.1. At least not yet - my "good" 3DS that's updated to 6.3 is in repair. Hopefully if it works I can just play it on the Gateway.

I did the same with SMT 4.....but then didn't open it because I was hoping it would get dumped (which it has) so now thinking I will just keep it on ice so in a few years it will be worth $200 on Ebay.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I doubt they have implemented some sort of anti piracy in the U version of these games taking in account that they were release in Japan months earlier than Monster Hunter 4.

BrokenHearted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody confirm if Rune Factory 4 works with region spoofing? I have a european 3DS. I don't have Gateway yet, and really, the only reason that would convince me to buy one is if I can play Rune Factory 4 on it. Anybody with an EU 3DS try it?

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People always crack me up with their statements of 'oh the only reason I would buy this device (gateway) is if it works with this game or from this region....I mean my lord the thing works with like 400 roms from all regions on any region console but by god if it doesn't work with ROM A then it sucks and I won't buy it......priceless. Not meaning to be overly critical just to poke a little fun.....good news those is these are two brand new released this week games and it works with them so while I expect Pokemon to put up a fight (no pun) I have some hope that Batman and Sonic coming out later this month will also work!

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
People always crack me up with their statements of 'oh the only reason I would buy this device (gateway) is if it works with this game or from this region....I mean my lord the thing works with like 400 roms from all regions on any region console but by god if it doesn't work with ROM A then it sucks and I won't buy it......priceless. Not meaning to be overly critical just to poke a little fun.....good news those is these are two brand new released this week games and it works with them so while I expect Pokemon to put up a fight (no pun) I have some hope that Batman and Sonic coming out later this month will also work!

Well, both Rune Factory and Etrian Odyssey were games released quite some time ago in Japan, all they did to the games in the US was pretty much translate them, the rest remained the same. For Batman, I doubt it'll have any issues but Sonic will probably try to put some way to block the gateway or something similar.
As for me, I won't buy the GateWay until I see it being used for like translation patches, homebrew emulators, etc.. I prefer buying my 3DS games this time around. z.z

BrokenHearted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wow, didn't expect such an assholish reply. :glare: What I meant was, Rune Factory 4 would have been my "system seller" except of "system", it's "Gateway". Yeah, if I had a Gateway already, there are other games I'd want to check out. But 80€ plus shipping plus the cost of memory cards plus lack of online and not being able to update firmware on my 3DS XL and not complete compatibility with all 3DS games (plus reports of save corruption, freezing, lost data, etc.), I'd need a good reason to invest in one instead of just buying the games that interest me. To break even, if we say a 8 GB memory card costs 10€ and a standard game 40€, I'd have to want to buy at least 3 games. And frankly, there are barely that many games I want to play and don't already have.

And yes, Rune Factory 4 is my "Gateway seller" because Europe is not getting it until spring of next year, and there are no other US exclusive game that tempt me besides that. Games released in Europe, if they tempt me, I can just buy. Like I said, games I'd actually want to play (and buy) can be counted using the fingers of my hands.

So yes, the ONLY reason I'd buy a Gateway is for Rune Factory 4 for my EU 3DS XL. Of course, if I were to buy one, I'd use it to check out other games but these other games would not be what would have convinced me to buy one. For future games, I'd have to see what options are available then and thus acquiring Gateway would not be motivated by future releases either, especially since there is no guarantee that they'd work.

I find it pathetic that some people don't understand the concept of "system sellers" (except "gateway seller" in this case).

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country

As I understand it, Gateway's firmware and region spoofing do not by any means work on retail carts. Following that, you can conclude that if Gateway doesn't work with a ROM, that doesn't just prevent you from pirating it. it prevents you from playing it on that console at all. Ever. You're sitting on 3DS firmware 4.whatever, and the only way you've been playing new games is through Gateway. If a game is blocked and Gateway doesn't fix it, you're never going to play that game. Same goes for all eShop games. Since a v4 3DS can't access the eShop, you'll never be able to play Ace ATtorney 5. I imagine this sort of thing could be quite the dealbreaker for some people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: